Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB windshield frame inserts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
914dave
I'm looking for two windshield frame inserts. ( pictured below). LMK what you need for them. Down to my last details befor paint.
Thanks
DaveClick to view attachment
Tbone425
I'll take a look, shipping if I have them.
914dave
QUOTE(Tbone425 @ Jun 5 2016, 09:16 PM) *

I'll take a look, shipping if I have them.

Great. Thanks.
914dave
icon_bump.gif
914Sixer
I have some but the question is where. They are just black plastic inserts and are not painted.
mepstein
On mine, I will probably cover the opening with electrical tape.
914dave
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 16 2016, 07:56 PM) *

I can't just cover them with tape. It offends my detail oriented nature. Hehehe. I was curious what they're for. Whether they're a fixturing hole for the welding/ assembly process? Like the floor plugs.
mepstein
QUOTE(914dave @ Jun 17 2016, 06:51 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jun 16 2016, 07:56 PM) *

I can't just cover them with tape. It offends my detail oriented nature. Hehehe. I was curious what they're for. Whether they're a fixturing hole for the welding/ assembly process? Like the floor plugs.

Mounting point for the ski rack. I'm going to use tape so the seal will lay smooth against the metal. i'll check my parts car for you tonight. Pm me in a day or 2 as a reminder.
DaveO90s4
I'm intrigued by the "mounting point for ski racks" comment. Don't want to hijack thread, but another photo of this area would be great. I reckon it might be feasible to use ski rack mounting locations to carry a light road bike. No?

Thanks

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.