Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My 914 repair / fender cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
There was a thread here a while ago about a repair cover (aka fender cover) for a 914. I made a passing comment to my mother that it would be cool to have one and maybe this summer she could help me. My mother is a craft type person and make everything from quilts to clothing, well while I was gone the other weekend she came over and took some measurements of the car. This is what she gave me this past Sunday. Not bad for a little (4'11") 76 yr old grandmother.

Thanks Mom, you rock!!!! clap.gif
GaroldShaffer
other side
GaroldShaffer
One more pic, nothing to do with the cover, but here is my 3 yr old Son "racing like Daddy" as he puts it. wub.gif
Toast
clap.gif mueba.gif
drooley.gif

That is totaly awesome.
Congrats!
dralf
clap.gif
That is neat ! When I was young and had my first teener my grandmother knitted me a pair of driving gloves !
I could use her help now if she only was still around.

Take care and thanks for showing us her skill.
scruz914
That is a really cool cover. Way to go Mom!
Gint
That's nice. I think Mom needs to go into business...
Porsche Rescue
Yep, I'm a customer. How is the front portion held in place? I use a bath towel on the trunk where I set tools, etc, but the fender I lean on is unprotected.
Engman
You'd better tell your mom to get 'busy' - looks like there is a market for it!

Nice job!

M
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (Engman @ Apr 5 2005, 03:51 PM)
You'd better tell your mom to get 'busy' - looks like there is a market for it!

Nice job!

M

I mentioned it to her, she is thinking about it. She is concerned about "quality" since this is "home made job" as she puts it. screwy.gif

Yep, I'm a customer. How is the front portion held in place? I use a bath towel on the trunk where I set tools, etc, but the fender I lean on is unprotected.

She used magnets sewing in a pocket, holds real good.

Just testing the waters, but if she sold these for $45 plus shipping, would they sell? confused24.gif
TravisNeff
Hey my son does the same thing to my car, but he goes to the back and starts pushing laugh.gif
ChrisFix
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Apr 6 2005, 09:41 AM)
Just testing the waters, but if she sold these for $45 plus shipping, would they sell? confused24.gif

Seriously, I'll send you a check today if Mom is up for making another one.

I don't mind a 'home made job' and would actually prefer it to a 'China made job'. That cover looks perfect.

BTW, I really mean it - if she is interested, I'll put a check in the mail today.

Thanks,
mk114
I would definetly buy one also

does she do car covers (complete)
Root_Werks
What a cool Mom! That rocks! boldblue.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (ChrisFix @ Apr 6 2005, 09:59 AM)
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Apr 6 2005, 09:41 AM)
Just testing the waters, but if she sold these for $45 plus shipping, would they sell?  :confused:

Seriously, I'll send you a check today if Mom is up for making another one.

I don't mind a 'home made job' and would actually prefer it to a 'China made job'. That cover looks perfect.

BTW, I really mean it - if she is interested, I'll put a check in the mail today.

Thanks,

Let me talk to her, I don't want to overload her. Give me until next week and see how she feels. This would be way cool for her to make some extra cash since she does live on a fixed income.

As for making complete car covers, I think that would be a little much for her, but I will ask biggrin.gif
ChrisFix
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Apr 6 2005, 10:29 AM)

As for making complete car covers, I think that would be a little much for her, but I will ask biggrin.gif

Sorry if I confused things, I was only refering to the "service cover" in your picture covering the trunk and quarters.
tat2dphreak
that's cool!! idea.gif

I'm just using a Giant beach towel right now...

mom made me a cool "tool creeper" for under the car... it's very handy, maybe I should show her this... wink.gif
iiibdsiil
I'm in for one! Tell mom to get busy, chop chop!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.