Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey V8 guys
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi All -
I am still thinking about the V8 thing. Anyone have any pics of conversions that are really clean? I am looking for pics where the car is as detailed/clean as a full restoration, but with a V8 and a radiator. Thanks!
Mueller
there is one of the cleanest 914s I have ever seen up in Antioch with a Chevy V8, all new seals, all new glass....looks bone, bone stock...car is perfect all around.....nice clean install with the V8 pray.gif

mrihop
I need to take apart my car because I really want to make it clean, but I'm enjoying the V8 driving right now. The Radiator and engine in my car are pretty clean, but could use some polishing up though. I'll probably take the car apart this summer and take care of body work and clean up the trunks and engine compartment.

Here are a few links to the Renegade customer page whose cars are really nice:

http://www.renegadehybrids.com/customer_fi...iles/Jim_D.html
http://www.renegadehybrids.com/customer_fi...les/RalphK.html
http://www.renegadehybrids.com/customer_files/Tim.html
mrihop
Check out the new V8 car project thread. That car looks damn nice so far!
Andyrew
Who's got the yellow late model one in cali?

That is a very nice car...

Um, The "Peel" would be another one to look at...

Andrew

(dont look at me... lol)
skline
There are a few very clean cars. The guy who is building the one for the new V8 thread has one that is very well done and clean. I would imagine the one he is building will be as clean. Do as Andrew says and check out the thread.
Lou W

I think they have really clean conversions. cool.gif

Go Here
Andyrew
Scott... Ian said that...

He copy/modified my avitar a while ago...and its very confusing for ME to know the diff between my posts and his....

LOL

Time to change avitar... (incar autox.... Oh ya...)
skline
Sorry Andrew, my mistake. I checked on the Desert Hybrids page, looks like he does some very nice conversion also. Very clean.

Andrew, you coming to WCC?
d914
find Bigkat, he has avery pretty orange one...
Andyrew
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 5 2005, 02:15 PM)
Sorry Andrew, my mistake. I checked on the Desert Hybrids page, looks like he does some very nice conversion also. Very clean.

Andrew, you coming to WCC?

OH heck ya!!!

trailering car down.

I just need to figure out some overheating issues... Very odd...

Andrew
mrihop
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Apr 5 2005, 01:02 PM)
Scott... Ian said that...

He copy/modified my avitar a while ago...and its very confusing for ME to know the diff between my posts and his....

LOL

Time to change avitar... (incar autox.... Oh ya...)

It's confusing for me too. lol2.gif
datapace
The nicest close to stock 914-8 conversion I have seen was owned by John Thomas. It was purchased by a member up north, aircooledboy. I can't believe he wussed out and bought a 'Vette wink.gif

Bob Bischoff's (bigkat_83) orange car is very nice as well.

I have some photos from an Atlanta V8 gathering last Spring where you can check out more of the cars.

-bryan

watsonrx13
Here's a link to the Tampa Bay breakfast we had last month, it shows Bob Ferguson's very clean '63 327 from a Corvette. Link.

Here's another link to the V8 meet in Atlanta, last year. Link.
neo914-6
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Apr 5 2005, 12:52 PM)
Who's got the yellow late model one in cali?

That is a very nice car...

Um, The "Peel" would be another one to look at...

Andrew

(dont look at me... lol)

John Ridder (jridder) has a clean yellow one...

I like Peal but I wouldn't call it clean. Plus they modified the body beyond stock.
Andyrew
What did they do to the body? Major chassi stiffening? or what??

I'd like to see what they did to handle the hp..
neo914-6
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Apr 5 2005, 06:03 PM)
What did they do to the body? Major chassi stiffening? or what??

I'd like to see what they did to handle the hp..

It not new but it has a slant nose, big air dam/bumper, and wing put it out of the stock/concourse look. I'm surprised they haven't flared it.

Internally they caged it over a year ago and Scott mentioned some "extra" stiffening was done...

Go to Vegas!
Rand
Link: Peal photos/info (Peel? Peal? I don't think they even know how to spell it... it's spelled both ways all over their site.) Wish there were photos showing the cage and stiffening upgrades.
mrihop
This one is nice too:

http://v8914.com/
VegasRacer
Thread hijack -

Hey Randy. Nice avatar. Do you fly stunt kites? I got hooked on the sport 20 years ago when I visited a friend in Lincoln City and saw some guys flying on the beach. I've got over a dozen kites and foils, including a stack of 6 that can get me off the ground.

/ hijack.
Rand
VegasRacer: I love power kites. Nothin' like getting lifted off the ground by a kite! I flew stunt kites as a kid, but then one day a guy at the beach insisted I fly his stack... when it started dragging me down the beach I was all smiles and instantly hooked. So kite flying can be a rush?! Oh yeah.

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
SpecialK
What ever happened to the guy that was doing a beautiful job on a white teener? V8 with stacks IIRC, engine not installed when he posted the pics, but it was no doubt going to be done right!
VegasRacer
QUOTE (RandyLok @ Apr 6 2005, 08:27 PM)
So kite flying can be a rush?! Oh yeah.

No doubt about it. boldblue.gif biggrin.gif

Sorry I don't have any cool pics to post.
Are you gonna be at the WCC?
I am planning to bring a few of my kites to show the guys in the club what it is all about.
Rand
VegasRacer: Cool! Unfortunately I can't work the schedule out for the WCC this year. I'm kicking around the idea of my son and I flying in on Sunday and out on Monday so we could at least catch the car show and meet some people. Gotta figure out the flights/rental car to see if that'll work...
neo914-6
QUOTE (Special_K @ Apr 6 2005, 08:52 PM)
What ever happened to the guy that was doing a beautiful job on a white teener?  V8 with stacks IIRC, engine not installed when he posted the pics, but it was no doubt going to be done right!

Chris Julian, hopefully he gets his car to WCC05. It is on the road but has seen few miles so he's trying to get his tow set up. See my meet #4 in my sig...

Verrry clean but not stock/concourse looking as the thread starter inquired.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.