Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Euro Turn Signal Bulb Holders
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
gcrotvik
I was able to find a set of OE euro turn signal buckets but they did not include the nylon/plastic bulb holders. I know this is a long shot but I'm looking for a set of true OE euro turn signal bulb holders.

I checked with Jeff Bowlsby and he doesn't have a set. I'm going to assume these are standard VW issue and may have been used in other cars/applications. If you could point me in the right direction as to where to look, that would be greatly appreciated.

See the picture added below for reference.

Thanks,

Greg
tweet
Those look similar to the bulb holders in the tail lights. Have you compared them size wise? You may be able to transplant a couple from some melted tail light reflectors. You would already have some wiring attached as well.
SixerJ
*Edited after double checking

I'm part way down the same road with my buckets and looking for just one of the inner Euro bulb holder bracket and the curved extra reflector thingy to retrofit into a reasonable US pair of buckets

To answer your question the plastic part is exactly the same as the rear tail light holders and I was looking at this the other weekend. The only difference is the split in the metal for the narrow spade connector / tail light has the wire crimped on*

I was thinking of modify tail light holder and using that instead......not quite right though

Just taken pictures of rotten Euro bulb holder and tail light & waiting for iCloud to sync up with the MAC. Will post shortly
SixerJ
Pictures

Just out of interest, how are you planning on refinishing the buckets?

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
gcrotvik
QUOTE(SixerJ @ Jun 7 2016, 11:27 AM) *

Pictures

Just out of interest, how are you planning on refinishing the buckets?

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

I thought I recognized these as part of the taillight assembly. Thanks for confirming it!

I plan to drill out the heads of the hold down pins on the lower euro light assembly and have the sub assembly parts re-plated and then find a set of new/NOS US turn buckets to transplant the lower euro light assemblies to.

If I can't find NOS buckets, I will find a clean set, strip them, have them plated and then my chrome shop chrome the inside of the buckets. Hopefully I can find a NOS set of buckets.

Thanks!

Greg
raynekat
One on ebay now....ouch that's pricey!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-OEM-PORSCHE-91...NSV&vxp=mtr
gcrotvik
Yes, Rich's parts are priced very high. For the desperate collector.
914Sixer
Try Rich Johnson. A914Guy . He knew somebody making reproductions.
pete000
QUOTE(raynekat @ Jun 7 2016, 03:16 PM) *

That's a USA version...
raynekat
QUOTE(pete000 @ Jun 8 2016, 04:42 PM) *

QUOTE(raynekat @ Jun 7 2016, 03:16 PM) *

That's a USA version...

Yes, I know.
The original poster said if he can't find the correct Euro lights, he'd look for NOS US housings and mod them.
Thus this ebay listing....
ConeDodger
I have a set of '75 front buckets converted for Euro TS that I am no longer using. I know you are looking for just the sockets, but PM me if you want to go with a full usable set.

Anyone else, PM me if he doesn't want them. Don't pollute his thread. dry.gif
gcrotvik
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jun 11 2016, 10:41 AM) *

I have a set of '75 front buckets converted for Euro TS that I am no longer using. I know you are looking for just the sockets, but PM me if you want to go with a full usable set.

Anyone else, PM me if he doesn't want them. Don't pollute his thread. dry.gif

Thank you for the offer. I have what I need at the moment.

Greg
SixerJ
Gregg

Been reorganising the parts stash and found out that the centre contact from the later 914 licence plate lamps is the same as the contact for the front lower side light

Therefore if you only have the metal for the retrofit of US buckets, you can create the bulb holder from a set of 914 tail lights and the licence plate holder.

This is how I think I'm going to do mine. If I has some spare licence plate holders I would happily post them, unfortunately no spares but I bet plenty of members have some broken ones that could be donated?

Jon

Click to view attachment
gcrotvik
QUOTE(SixerJ @ Jun 26 2016, 08:12 AM) *

Gregg

Been reorganising the parts stash and found out that the centre contact from the later 914 licence plate lamps is the same as the contact for the front lower side light

Therefore if you only have the metal for the retrofit of US buckets, you can create the bulb holder from a set of 914 tail lights and the licence plate holder.

This is how I think I'm going to do mine. If I has some spare licence plate holders I would happily post them, unfortunately no spares but I bet plenty of members have some broken ones that could be donated?

Jon

Click to view attachment

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the heads up! I will look for a set of license plate lamps.

Thank you!

Greg
914Sixer
Greg,
Those bulb holders look a lot like they came from a VW Rabbit, 411, 412. I will look around on thesamba.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.