Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Computer stuff. . . need charity
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chunger
Hmmm. . .

I guess I'm about to be cut off from the internet. . . last week, my G4 decided to die (hard drive) I'm working on getting it fixed (have hard drive, getting OSX 10.3) . .. today, my little PIII dell 3800 laptop decided to die on me. The cardslots both quit on me which means I lost my USB, NIC card, and Wireless. So, if I weren't in LA visiting the in-laws, I'd not have a working computer anymore to access the internet. Sucky timing as my wife and I are sharing 1 car right now and needing to get a cheap driver soon also.

Thought I'd send out an SOS to see if anyone out there has a charity case laptop PIII+ they could sell at cheap, donate, or trade for LEGOs. headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif I do have 3 very large sets I was planning on EBAYing that i can trade. . . 6080, 6085 large castles, and 4504 Star Wars Millenium Falcon. . . gathered them while garage saling.

I'm in LA area driving back to Norcal the 10th. . . one way or another, I've gotta resolve this before or shortly after I get back. . . can't be cut off the net!!!

-'Chung
chunger
Ahh. . . just got finance stats back from the wife, I can also spend up up to $600.
fiid
No machines, but I have a Panther DVD waiting for you when you need it. I might have a more recent OS version by then too.
chunger
Thanks Fiid, That rocks. . . the drive inside the computer is a CD writer and not a DVD player, but I can find a CDR/DVD player cheap and no problems. . . lemme know if you have a source, otherwise, I'll work on getting one purchased and shipped to me before I leave LA.
CptTripps
PM Sent...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.