Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2270
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gearren
I was looking a jake's 2270 engines, are these engines complete and ready to go in the car with your carbs, or not.
anthony
If he builds it for you the answer is yes. All his engines come with fuel injection now.

Gearren
How much$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Jake Raby
Gearren,
I try not to tie up this forum with specific questions about my engines. I have been given a forum on www.shoptalkforums.com just for answering questions about my engines..

To answer the question:
Yes ALL My engines are ONLY sold 100% complete with my ideas, my parts, my design, my machine work and all are now Fuel Injected. This includes my oiling system and modifications for it.

The engine is ready to install. Add your wiring, fuel hoses and run it...

I only sell things complete because I want to test the entire unit with your fuel pump, your ignition and etc.... This way there is no guesswork at all when you do an install.

As for price- Only one person can answer that question and thats me and I only answer it during a phone conversation after you go over your goals with me. The same size engine can literally cost thousands more or less with certain combinations, heads, exhaust, cylinders and etc.

I make it a point not to build the same engine twice...

You really need to submit a contact form and follow my process for a phone conversation.... It doesn't obligate you to a purchase..,, It does end all doubt in a 30 minute conversation though.
Allan
So Jake, the prices on your site are for the kit only?

Thanks.
Jake Raby
Yes... And those kits and the prices of the parts have no bearing on the cost of an engine the same size..
ChrisFoley
Having been fortunate enough to spend an entire week inside the Raby Enterprises facility I can tell you that it is no ordinary engine building shop.
To a casual observer it may not look like much is going on because the atmosphere is casual and relaxed, yet the entire focus is on building the best Type 4 engines money can buy. Each of his projects receives a level of attention I would not have been able to imagine without being there to see it for my own eyes.
Since the addition of his new building (with clean room) last year, I am certain there is no other place in the world capable of matching his attention to detail and personal approach to satisfying his T4 customers' desires. My guess is he took some of his cues from NASCAR engine shops.

I was really only there for one very selfish reason - to get my new race engine, and I know I didn't see everything he has going on. What I did witness was a dedication and desire to help fulfill the dreams of aircooled VW and Porsche lovers. I fully understand why his shop is not open to visitors and I feel truly privileged to have been able to get a taste of what goes on there. Thank you Jake!
On the internet Jake's passion often makes him the target of ignorant asses who live only to take from others. At his shop he is truly the master of his domain and very little escapes his attention. He has my total respect when it comes to T4 engines.
pray.gif

p.s. You may think I laid it on a bit thick, but none of what I said is in any way an exaggeration of the truth, and it truly comes from my heart. smile.gif
TravisNeff
Damn Chris, he musta felt sorry for ya with that busted up booger picker and let you see what no-one else does. Sounds like a neat shop.

laugh.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Apr 6 2005, 07:33 PM)
he musta felt sorry for ya with that busted up booger picker

chairfall.gif
Jake Raby
Like that huh????

Even that was TIV related (don't ask)

Chris, Thanks for the words!

You really got to see me at my least efficient point most of the time you were here I wasn't feeling very well at all....

I try my damn hardest to create a total atmosphere here that lends it's self easily to a "Performance Mindset"....

Thats why I spent 5 hours sweeping and swabbing all my decks here last Friday night...
JmuRiz
Thats why I spent 5 hours sweeping and swabbing all my decks here last Friday night...

Good stuff, and makes total sence, when was the last time you saw a pro race team with a messy shop and churning out motors in hours...well aside from a NHRA team during the changeover time, haha. I can't wait to see what the FI motors do, I think it's a great way to go!
Like any custom work, you really have to talk with the pro to get a price etc, so just call Jake when you're serious and I'm sure all the bases will be covered. That's what I'll do when I save up enough pennies!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.