Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anybody here?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jrblackbox
no affiliation just want to share
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/cto/5626459833.html
db9146
No kidding...looks like a really good buy for all the work and expense put into the car.
Cairo94507
Wow! If even 1/2 of that is true it is a terrific buy. Likely will be gone very quickly.
rmital
...almost too good to be true?? wish I had 10K laying around doing nothing...
Mike Fitton
Until someone goes in person to see this car, I am going to say it is a scam. When it is too good to be true, well that is the case here to me.
Luke M
Is it the pics or are the flares installed wrong ?
Kinda hard to tell w/o a good side pic.
It's a heck of a drive for me to go check it out but I know there's a few guys that are closer to it.
RickS
Convert it to a 6 and you will easily have a $40K car.
r_towle
Great deal. Wow!
jrblackbox
The more I look at it the more I think it is too good to be true too. Makes you think though why would someone go to that much trouble for a scam? It seems like whoever did it knows something about these cars.
BeatNavy
I know it's not red, but has mepstein seen this yet? smile.gif

Maybe not a true "scam." Perhaps more likely a "catch." Despite the denials, maybe more rust than admitted? Known problem with the rebuild? Or maybe just a great deal....
r_towle
If it's really 19,999.00 that makes more sense
mepstein
There was a $5k flared roller and built 3.0 six last year that looked Lke a scam. A member got a deal of a life time.

Reminds me of the saying- the deal if a lifetime comes along once a month.
rhodyguy
I could see the sale turning into a driveway auction. If legit. Happened in my area sometime ago. Sellers thought the car was a conversion. Nope, real 6. I think 6 people showed up. When people arrived up and found out the auction 'plan' some were pretty steamed. I was buying/bidding for another person. It went cheap even by standards 8-10 years ago. I think the car eventually wound up in marrietta.
nwm5709
I saw this car and tried to contact the seller today. Haven't spoken to them yet, but someone else that told me to call back. We'll see.

Would anybody know of someone local on the forum that might be able to check it out for me? I was thinking I could have the shop he mentions in the ad do a PPI.
iankarr
QUOTE(nwm5709 @ Jun 9 2016, 11:32 AM) *

I saw this car and tried to contact the seller today. Haven't spoken to them yet, but someone else that told me to call back. We'll see.

Would anybody know of someone local on the forum that might be able to check it out for me? I was thinking I could have the shop he mentions in the ad do a PPI.

I'm about an hour away from Huntington. LMK if you make contact with the seller. I travel a lot for work, but If the timing works, I'm happy to take a look for you.
JOEPROPER
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jun 9 2016, 09:38 AM) *

Until someone goes in person to see this car, I am going to say it is a scam. When it is too good to be true, well that is the case here to me.

smoke.gif
Mueller
QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Jun 9 2016, 09:25 AM) *

agree.gif Too much for too little and the story is the "icing on the cake" Proceed with caution.

Why the different caliper pictures with them being different colors and settings?
nwm5709
QUOTE(cuddyk @ Jun 9 2016, 11:53 AM) *

I'm about an hour away from Huntington. LMK if you make contact with the seller. I travel a lot for work, but If the timing works, I'm happy to take a look for you.

Thanks a lot for the offer! I will let you know if it goes anywhere

QUOTE(JOEPROPER @ Jun 9 2016, 12:25 PM) *

agree.gif Too much for too little and the story is the "icing on the cake" Proceed with caution.

Yes, I agree it sounds too good to be true. That's what I thought when I saw it. But the ad seems so detailed and actually knowledgeable of these cars - its worth looking into it. Most of the scams I see are broken english and little to know detail about the actual car.
wes
popcorn[1].gif disabled and not able to drive the car, maybe received a big $$ settlement and just wants his baby to go to a good home?
jrblackbox
Called this morning as soon as I saw it prior to sending the link here, I left a message requesting a return call, I have not received a call back. Probably swamped with people calling! smile.gif
914itis
I know the car , I met him a few years ago . Car is as described , he's a member here . Ccroft12 I think . He's disable and haven't been able to drive it .
Shadowfax
I'd buy that and put in Series9's RoW 3.0 that he has for sale here. Seems to me like he is giving that car away at that price.
rgalla9146
I called too.
Couldn't leave a message.
Sounded like the voice message thing melted.
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(914itis @ Jun 9 2016, 02:18 PM) *

I know the car , I met him a few years ago . Car is as described , he's a member here . Ccroft12 I think . He's disable and haven't been able to drive it .

I've sold him a couple of things and talked to him on the phone. Very nice guy. I'll bet he has 3 times the asking price in the car. I would buy it in a minute.

Bob
carr914

I left a message that I would buy it today, but have not heard a thing!
carr914
QUOTE(Luke M @ Jun 9 2016, 10:10 AM) *

Is it the pics or are the flares installed wrong ?
Kinda hard to tell w/o a good side pic.
It's a heck of a drive for me to go check it out but I know there's a few guys that are closer to it.

Looks like the Fronts are on the wrong side of the car
914itis
I spoke to him earlier today . I am getting the car .
jrblackbox
QUOTE(914itis @ Jun 9 2016, 04:53 PM) *

WOW!! It appears you got a great deal! Good luck!
r_towle
QUOTE(914itis @ Jun 9 2016, 08:53 PM) *

Great buy!
mepstein
QUOTE(914itis @ Jun 9 2016, 08:53 PM) *

WTG Paul!

carr914
Fantastic Buy! drooley.gif
914itis
Thanks , except that I may sleep in the garage tonight ( not a bad idea ) and banned from 914 world by my wife . bootyshake.gif
r_towle
How much for the six?
914itis
Once I pick up this car , I'll make the decision . Stay tune ...
r_towle
QUOTE(914itis @ Jun 9 2016, 10:49 PM) *

Once I pick up this car , I'll make the decision . Stay tune ...

Let me know
JOEPROPER
Couldn't go to a nicer guy. Good Luck! smoke.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(914itis @ Jun 9 2016, 10:27 PM) *

Thanks , except that I may sleep in the garage tonight ( not a bad idea ) and banned from 914 world by my wife . bootyshake.gif

Location, Location, Location.
Great buy Paul.
Good luck with it.
Never call me again.
rmital
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jun 10 2016, 10:39 AM) *

QUOTE(914itis @ Jun 9 2016, 10:27 PM) *

Location, Location, Location.
Great buy Paul.
Good luck with it.
Never call me again.

av-943.gif

....Paul's good fortune is really starting to piss me off... hissyfit.gif
914itis
Jersey guys teaming up on me. confused24.gif av-943.gif
914itis
Well well well !
To good to be true , it looks like the comments here drove the seller to change his mind , maybe the reason he pulled it off Craigslist quick .

After days of runaround , different stories .
the seller indirectly tells me that he wants $4000 extra .

I am posting this , I have a feeling this car may end up on eBay . I don't want anyone to think that I am a flipper .

nwm5709
QUOTE(914itis @ Jun 23 2016, 12:09 PM) *

Well well well !
To good to be true , it looks like the comments here drove the seller to change his mind , maybe the reason he pulled it off Craigslist quick .

After days of runaround , different stories .
the seller indirectly tells me that he wants $4000 extra .

I am posting this , I have a feeling this car may end up on eBay . I don't want anyone to think that I am a flipper .

Shortly after you said you were buying it he texted me to say that he was going into the hospital and was going to wait to sell it until later. It will be interesting to see what it goes for on eBay if he lists it.
injunmort
what ever happened with this car?
914itis
I guest we will know when it ends up being flipped on eBay .
JOEPROPER
I had many text messages with the seller. Very hard to arrange a time to view the car because of his condition, plus, he wouldn't tell me what he wanted for it. However, I believe someone got to him and bought it for $15k or thereabouts. It came back to Craigslist and was on there for quite a while before it was sold (removed). That's the last I heard.
Mike Fitton

My opinion is this car never existed. If someone bought it then pipe up but I believe this was a scam.
injunmort
i thought paul had a deal to buy it, then seller reneged and wanted more money, wondering if it ever sold and how much.
914itis
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Sep 12 2016, 09:24 PM) *

My opinion is this car never existed. If someone bought it then pipe up but I believe this was a scam.

The car existed, I know the car and even tuned it up for him a few years ago .

He was playing games when he realized that he listed for too low , after weeks of games and runaround I gave up and told him to sell it to someone else.

That's the last I heard of it.
My 914
Does anyone have the original ad and pictures of the car? The CL link is now gone.
Rav914
It's a shame when demand exceeds supply for those hunting for a nice car. Like throwing a severed Grouper head to a school of starving reef sharks....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.