Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This would be cool...and rare
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LongARM
how would this sound...a new GM in-line 5 cyl. Vortec.
Seen an engine up close today..
name tag could say 914-5
eeeyaaahhhhwwwwwwwwwww mueba.gif
What do you think mueller..???
Cap'n Krusty
Keep it German! Use an Ur S4 engine, chipped to about 300 HP. Should fit, too. The Cap'n
Brando
A 915 would be a Turbo TIV, right? biggrin.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 5 2005, 05:20 PM)
Keep it German! Use an Ur S4 engine, chipped to about 300 HP. Should fit, too. The Cap'n

I'm on it!
Gary
The new Jetta has an inline 5 too. Stock specs: 2.5L 150 horsepower, 170 lbs-ft torque, 4 valves per cylinder. Transverse mounted, so the tranny's tucked underneath - too bad it's not longitudinal. Maybe they're stick one in the Passat.
Joe Bob
My agency just bought me the new Colorado with the inline 5....goes real gud....
skline
That GM inline 5 is the one they install in the Colorado series trucks, it's an Isuzu motor and what a hunk of crap. I wouldnt touch it with a ten foot pole. Sounds like crap and I was not impressed with the performance at all.
TravisNeff
I had an Acura TL with a 2.5 5 cyl. Went good, sounded like a diesel
tat2dphreak
my budy had an old Audi with a 5cyl... ran good... why not just use the 1.8T from a jetta or Audi though?
mudfoot76
What would inspire you to remove the 4cyl bus motor and replace it with a 5cyl truck motor? laugh.gif rolleyes.gif blink.gif wacko.gif

(Flamesuit on just in case...)
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (mudfoot76 @ Apr 6 2005, 01:22 PM)
What would inspire you to remove the 4cyl bus motor and replace it with a 5cyl truck motor? laugh.gif rolleyes.gif blink.gif wacko.gif

(Flamesuit on just in case...)

LMAO!!! laugh.gif lol2.gif chairfall.gif
balljoint
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 6 2005, 01:39 PM)
That GM inline 5 is the one they install in the Colorado series trucks, it's an Isuzu motor and what a hunk of crap. I wouldnt touch it with a ten foot pole. Sounds like crap and I was not impressed with the performance at all.

agree.gif

Spoken like a true S-10 owner. Why would you trade in 250 ft-lbs of torque at very low rpms for 225 ft-lbs at something stupid like 6000 rpms? Duh. "Upgrade" performance and downgrade truck capability. Peeses me off.
airsix
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 6 2005, 09:39 AM)
it's an Isuzu motor and what a hunk of crap.

Ah... but imagine how much MORE of a hunk of crap it would be if it was a genuine GM motor!
-Ben M.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (airsix @ Apr 6 2005, 01:28 PM)
QUOTE (skline @ Apr 6 2005, 09:39 AM)
it's an Isuzu motor and what a hunk of crap.

Ah... but imagine how much MORE of a hunk of crap it would be if it was a genuine GM motor!
-Ben M.

true... the Chevy Luv had an izuzu motor... oh, wait, bad example... that was a POS too... I know, I had 2 of them... though I don't admit it often

Andy
What, no love for the LUV?

I had an '81 Isuzu P'up as my first vehicle, loved that thing - you couldn't hurt that thing trying (won the biggest idiot truck jumping contest in high school with that - nearly 5 feet high!). Bonus points for the best light pickup name ever, Ranger, Colorado, Hardbody... Pup.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Andy @ Apr 6 2005, 01:49 PM)
What, no love for the LUV?

I had an '81 Isuzu P'up as my first vehicle, loved that thing - you couldn't hurt that thing trying (won the biggest idiot truck jumping contest in high school with that - nearly 5 feet high!). Bonus points for the best light pickup name ever, Ranger, Colorado, Hardbody... Pup.

yea, you have to love a car you can rebuild the engine for $100 in parts and 2 hours... the best thing about the luv... I drove it through a flooded street once(water over the hood flooded) and it DIDN't die... it died plenty of other times, no water involved, but when I really needed it... it worked
Tom73
QUOTE (LongARM @ Apr 5 2005, 04:59 PM)
how would this sound...a new GM in-line 5 cyl. Vortec.
Seen an engine up close today..
name tag could say 914-5

Hummmm....

If you have to use special accessory brackets to get a Chevy V8 in there (only 4 cylinders long) how would you expect to fit in an engine that is 5 cylinders long? confused24.gif
LongARM
all good points.....
thanx givemebeer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.