Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seriously.....I did all of the searches
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SpecialK
Copied from the PP site........where I was totally ignored! finger.gif

Okay, I feel better. biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Special K
That reminds me.......I'm thinkin' of jerking these 16"x7" and 16"x8" Fuchs from a '78 9eleben SC. Do they have a workable offset? Or am I gonna end up shimming them way out. Flared fenders, so that's not a problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No....seriously! It wasn't just an attempt to hijerk....uhh...hijack the thread.

You guys and you fuching beautiful wheels have me feeling a little inadequate in the 914 'bling' department. I hadn't really considered 'converting' until I came across this deal, so I never paid that much attention to the most desirable offsets on the 5 luggers....soooo...?

brant
Don't quote me on this as I've never used 16s before.
But I believe the offset will be user friendly on the inboard side.

depending upon how big your flares are you may or may not need to space them out to fill the fenders (but not to avoid any rubbing issues)

if you do go with spacers remember on the rear you will need to buy new rear bearing in order to change your rear stud lengths... So make up your mind all at once and avoid doing the job twice

brant
ewdysar
I'm going to swap out my 15" Fuchs for 16"s this summer. Ive been checking the post called "Wheel Off Sets" that has a graphic chart of 911 wheel part numbers and offsets. I know that the 112mm backsize (as in my 6x15's) will fit towards the car. I've got flares on the way, to go wider than the current 205's.

Hey Admin's, can we get a wheel offset chart posted to more permanent spot? Here's a link to a 911 wheel chart 911 wheel chart

Maybe add info on 914 rims as well... rolleyes.gif While the data chart has great info, the graphic chart is a lot easier to get my head wrapped around.

Eric

SpecialK
Actually the wheels I'm considering are 16x7 and 16x8 BBS's, that supposedly bolted up to a '78 911SC without issues. Haven't been able to find any info on that specific type of wheel (offsets), so I'm crossing my fingers and seeing how low I can get them for....here's a pic.
Jeroen
what's the offset on those BBSes?

fwiw, my 914 came with 7x16 (23mm offset) fuchs front and rear and 21mm spacers in front and 35mm spacers on the rears filled out the flared fenders nicely
SpecialK
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Apr 6 2005, 04:43 PM)
what's the offset on those BBSes?

That's the $64,000.00 question!

The guy's a bit of a dipshit (duh, 911 owner biggrin.gif ), and apparently doesn't have the time to get the numbers off the back of the wheels. He just replied that they fit his 1978 911SC, that came with Fuchs, with no clearance issues. So, if I can get the off-set information for 16"x7",8" Fuchs that came on a 1978 911SC, I should have a good ballpark figure to work with in determining how f'ed I'll be getting these to fit my '73..........just can't seem to locate the pertinent information. sad.gif
ewdysar
I believe that all of the 911 7x16 rims had 23mm offset, 112mm backsize.

There appears to be a typo in the chart link above, "911 wheel chart" listing 122 instead of 112 on one of the 7x16 part numbers. There is also a graphic chart in the post titled "Wheel Off Sets" on this site. Do a search on this board for "wheel off set" for the post with the graphic chart.

Good luck,
Eric
riverman
Here is some information I gleened off of my car that might help you. I have a '73 with stock fenders.

The width of the wheel well is approx. 230mm. The mounting surface of the wheel is 149mm from the inside of the wheel well (ie- there is 149mm of back spacing available behind the mounting surface). This leaves 81mm of space from the mounting surface to the fender lip.

If you know the offset (distance in mm from the centre line of the wheel to the mounting surface) of the wheel you should be able to approximate whether a wheel will fit or not. Generally the centreline of the wheel is inboard of the mounting surface (positive offset). The larger the offset, the further your wheels are outboard of the mounting surface. Standard offset for 914's is 47mm. You will have to take into consideration the bulge of the tire (amount of rubber sticking out past the bead of the rim), and this will all depend on width and profile, but you should be able to get close.

As a disclaimer, I wrote this based on measurements I have in a notebook I keep while working on the car, and these particular measurements were made with a level and a tape measure. Also, I'm not sure which fender these notes are from but I seem to recall that they were (front and back) pretty close. I'm aware that there are certain dynamics at work that make front and back tires fit differently (ie- rub in different ways), so don't use this as a definative guide.
sixnotfour
Here is another chart with visual:

http://members.rennlist.com/1976c38/index.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.