Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: just got the car back from Chris at Tangerine
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
Many thanks to Chris and Ed at Tangerine / CFR for getting my car (really) roadworthy.

Used one of my free AAA platinum tows to East Hartford on Wednesday. Got the clutch tube repaired (maybe Chris will post the PO's crazy fix), the carbs tuned, and a bunch of other little things done...all in just one day.

I picked up the car this morning and enjoyed 71 miles of smiles from Tangerine to my house. Pulled into the driveway and the engine slowed to a perfect idle.

I'm so used to shops keeping cars forever and doing a half assed job. It's amazing to have knowledgable, fair and fast people in our World.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
ChrisFoley
That's a cool panorama shot.
I'm not used to seeing only 1 914 in the main shop, but I never showed you the other bay where we have 7 more.
Red slope-nose car in the driveway went home too, shortly after you left.

Now that the flurry of small jobs this week has passed we can get back to Phil's and Vincent's cars.
That's Vincent's engine behind Phil's car in the panorama pic.
billh1963
Awesome!

Is that Phil W's copper metallic '75 in the picture?
iankarr
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Jun 10 2016, 03:34 PM) *

I'm not used to seeing only 1 914 in the main shop, but I never showed you the other bay where we have 7 more.
Red slope-nose car in the driveway went home too, shortly after you left.

Wish I had more time. You've got a great shop. Nice that you're not too far away. Can you post a pic of that strap/fix as a lesson in what not to do? smile.gif
ChrisFoley
This was screwed to the floor of the tunnel, right under the shift lever.

Click to view attachment
Steve
I think they need to open up a franchise and open up a shop in so cal.
RacingDreamz
QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 11 2016, 11:55 AM) *

AND in East Tenn.
relentless
We call that a 'farm fix.' Back when you had to get the field hay baled before it rained you did whatever it took to keep the machinery running. And believe, me, we did much worse than that 'fix.'
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 11 2016, 11:55 AM) *

Well you could do what I did and take it up there. Luckily mine was drivable and got there safely after a 960 mile drive! Well it's great to see another car back in the road!
Chris and the guys have some work ahead, but I'm know they will get that rear back in gear!
By the way I'm still waiting for you to post some pictures of those other projects I saw while I was there!!!
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jun 10 2016, 03:37 PM) *

Awesome!

Is that Phil W's copper metallic '75 in the picture?

Yes
914forme

agree.gif

Now that the flurry of small jobs this week has passed.

happy11.gif
firstknight13
CFR has done many things to my car and I highly recommend them for any and all your 914 needs.... biggrin.gif
DBCooper
QUOTE(relentless @ Jun 11 2016, 07:32 PM) *

We call that a 'farm fix.' Back when you had to get the field hay baled before it rained you did whatever it took to keep the machinery running. And believe, me, we did much worse than that 'fix.'

So true, farm machinery's where I come from, too. Fruit's ready, it can't stay on the trees or vines, so you get the damn thing fixed so it runs, worry about details later when you have time for it.

Actually an old trick to secure the clutch tube in A/C VW's is to cut part of a muffler clamp and bend it so you have a hook, thread it through a hole drilled in the tunnel, hook the tube and tighten it down. Cheap, fast, simple, and lasts about as long as a weld. Then the guy who buys your car can legitimately refer to you as the DAPO. Obviously Chris does much better work.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.