Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cable shifter end
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
On the cable end, pictured on the left hand side, it just slides over the end, that just moves forward and backward is all, but does not appear that there is any kind of clip that would keep it from sliding/wandering off the end where it slides on at, unlike the other side, a ball and socket setup.

Is there suppose to be any kind of clip to keep it from gravitating off the end of the shifter?

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Andyrew
This is whats on mine
partwerks
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 10 2016, 08:07 PM) *

This is whats on mine

So it looks like there is some sort of black plug that I need to keep it intact?

If so, what is it called specifically?
Andyrew
Not sure.. You can proably find it on here.. The boxster PET catalog.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mthmyj2826m13ab/9...ATALOG.pdf?dl=0
partwerks
It doesn't appear to show the part I'm needing.
Page 172. Part #10, which slides over the short horizontal shaft at the bottom of the left hand side shifter and then some sort of gizmo pushes in the end to tie the two together.
It doesn't appear to show the ends of the shifter in the picture where the cable goes over.

I called the Porsche dealer, but he has the same exact print.
2mAn
does the black part not thread on the fatter end piece? It looks that way to my untrained eye? Is it possible its slipping over because the threads in the black piece are worn down? Im assuming the black is plastic
Andyrew
Hes asking about the other end. On the threaded end you push up the spring and the black plastic holder and put the threaded rod in, then you slip it back.

The end that goes into the shifter mechanism is in question, the black piece shown on my picture that looks like a plug. It doesnt show on the PET catalog for some reason...
2mAn
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Jun 15 2016, 09:58 AM) *

Hes asking about the other end. On the threaded end you push up the spring and the black plastic holder and put the threaded rod in, then you slip it back.

The end that goes into the shifter mechanism is in question, the black piece shown on my picture that looks like a plug. It doesnt show on the PET catalog for some reason...

oh, carry on then! my only experience with shifter cables of this sort had a circlip, but that was on my 02A transmission from my GTi VR6 years ago. good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.