Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Fort Collins, CO, on Sunday April 10th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FriarJohn
I've got last minute plans to go to a wedding this weekend in Fort Fun. Everyone else I know down there is busy and I have a day to kill, Sunday. Anyone want to meet for lunch, or brunch, or coffee, or an adult beverage? beer.gif

Also, it occurred to me that for all my aspirations and years of planning to build a V8 914, I've never seen one up close. So anyone have one of those in the area? boldblue.gif

I know it's last minute so if everyone's too busy, no problem. I only decided to go a couple days ago. I'll be travelling and incommunicado all day Friday so if necessary leave a voicemail on my cell, since I don't know if I'll have internet access down there: 406-431-7513.
Andy
I'm in Fort fun! My 914 doesn't move though, it WAS going to be a v8 car. Now it just sits there mocking me, like a giant dead albatross... Don't know about any other club folks in town, there are definitely a few running 914s though. Unfortunately I'm out of town Sunday, it's my last chance for sleddin' this year!

brant
bump...

we have a little colorado group (andy are you on it yet? PM me for the info)

and I know that there are one or two of the guys that live in Ft. Collins.

I'll cut and paste your note over to our group

brant
FriarJohn
Andy,

That's cool. Have fun. aktion035.gif
FriarJohn
QUOTE (brant @ Apr 6 2005, 12:27 PM)
I'll cut and paste your note over to our group

Groovy. Thanks!
Gint
I'll be driving home with my tub on the trailer and going right through there between 4 and 6 p.m. My cell is 720-480-2540 Give me a ring around 3:00 and if it works out, we can meet up near an I-25 exit and grab a brew and check out the paint work.

With any luck, it won't be snowing hardly at all.
914runnow
Do you want to drop down here to S/E Aurora Earlier to check out one for sale (V8)??? I am about 70 mins from Fruit Collins area...Then you can get back in time to check out Gint's tub...BEFORE US!!!!!! THANX > Q/Tip Alias Rex the 914 Geek not 914 nut.......
Gint
QUOTE (914runnow @ Apr 6 2005, 08:08 PM)
Do you want to drop down here to S/E Aurora Earlier to check out one for sale (V8)??? I am about 70 mins from Fruit Collins area...Then you can get back in time to check out Gint's tub...BEFORE US!!!!!! THANX > Q/Tip Alias Rex the 914 Geek not 914 nut.......

Come on over to the house Sunday evening Rexster! Just call my cell if'n you want to be the first in town to see "The Tub".
FriarJohn
QUOTE (914runnow @ Apr 6 2005, 07:08 PM)

Rex,

Sounds intriguing but I was hoping to avoid the Denver metro area if at all possible. There's a ton of stuff I want to do in Denver I just don't have the time this trip. I don't expect you to come to Fort Fun but if there was someplace we could meet in the north side that would be cool.
FriarJohn
QUOTE (Gint @ Apr 6 2005, 03:22 PM)
I'll be driving home with my tub on the trailer and going right through there between 4 and 6 p.m. My cell is 720-480-2540 Give me a ring around 3:00 and if it works out, we can meet up near an I-25 exit and grab a brew and check out the paint work.

I'll give you a ring if I haven't found some other way to get myself into trouble by then.
Gint
QUOTE (FriarJohn @ Apr 6 2005, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (Gint @ Apr 6 2005, 03:22 PM)
I'll be driving home with my tub on the trailer and going right through there between 4 and 6 p.m.  My cell is 720-480-2540  Give me a ring around 3:00 and if it works out, we can meet up near an I-25 exit and grab a brew and check out the paint work.  

I'll give you a ring if I haven't found some other way to get myself into trouble by then.

Sounds good John!
914runnow
Actually you would come down I25 to e-470 and head south...I am 40 minutes from that intersection...No Denver proper ...BUT yes that would easily add 4 or so hours to your day......
Calling for snow day on Sunday??? SHOULD stay at home and get the tax return done...Per the wifes request....
75boxster
I too am in Ft. Collins an would be available for a Sunday meet. My 914 is engineless right now
wainting for a transplant. I am sure some of you remember the log cabin 75 that was on ebay
a couple of years ago. I ended up with it, and no the wood interior no longer exists. smile.gif

Give me a buzz if you like 970-231-9084 and Chris would be the appropriate person
to ask for. Have fun either way.
FriarJohn
Cool. If I can get ahold of Gint passing through maybe we can all meet up for an adult beverage.
Natedog
Hey!

I gotta jump in on this one. I'm here in Old Town Fort Collins. My 914 is in pieces though. I had rebuilt the engine, but just today - took it all apart!!!

I'd be in for a beer or rendevous. I'll try some phone numbers today.
Mines 970-224-4480

Cheers,
Nate
FriarJohn
Hello, all,

I decided to come home a day early. With Denver getting pounded with snow and it starting to snow in Fort Collins this morning, I didn't want to risk getting stuck there.

I'll try to give much better notice next time I come down for a visit. I'm thinking perhaps late August or early September.

John
Gint
Next time John. Do let us know.

Good move on your part. You lucked out. I heard on the radio on the way home that lot's of flights were delayed and cancelled. It worked out for the best. I wouldn't have stopped today for the same reason.
914runnow
THE FINAL POST ON THIS THREAD MAYBE....??
Well here is my info if in the area or the V8 914 for sale...Rex C. Lindgren Centennial Co. 80015
303 680-1384 ..I am off e470/Smoky Hill by about 10
mins...West on Smoky Hill....The V8 is 5 mins from me,AND THE OWNER REALLY WANTS TO SELL IT...He is going back to finish and get his degree...Thanx all (the 914 Geek)
Gint
QUOTE (914runnow @ Apr 11 2005, 07:55 AM)
THE FINAL POST ON THIS THREAD MAYBE....??
Well here is my info if in the area or the V8 914 for sale...Rex C. Lindgren Centennial Co. 80015
303 680-1384 ..I am off e470/Smoky Hill by about 10
mins...West on Smoky Hill....The V8 is 5 mins from me,AND THE OWNER REALLY WANTS TO SELL IT...He is going back to finish and get his degree...Thanx all (the 914 Geek)

BTW - This conversion car Rex is talking about was built with my old "Brown Car" 914. It was truly rust free when I sold it to Zak for his conversion.

Rex! Show us some pics. You or Zak need to put that car in the classifieds section of this site. Pictures sell.
FriarJohn
Probably ought to start a new thread, too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.