Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: best way to clean the engine compartment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ben1440
So as i proceed to por 15 what ever i can, i want to get the engine compartment. It is very dirty and i guess i am just worried about water if i hose it out. as long as i dont go crazy, should i be ok with hosing it out or will that leave water behind?
TravisNeff
It gets water in there every time it rains don't it - whats your worry? Hit it with the hose and then park it outside to dry off. If your heater tubes are open, tape them off. If you get water in them you can jack up the front of the car and it will all come out.
ben1440
that is pretty much what i was hoping to hear. THANKS biggrin.gif
Cap'n Krusty
You're gonna want to use a degreaser of some kind (NOT the Castrol stuff!) and get it really clean and dry before you use any kind of paint in thereMight even wanna hit it with lacquer thinner as a final wash. The Cap'n, who has BTDT
Joe Ricard
agree.gif with the Capt'n I commented on a post just the other day where someone thought of sraying down the engine compartment. AND THEN COULDN'T START THE CAR headbang.gif
guywan914
I believe the proper procedure is to first disassemle the entire car. ohmy.gif
Flat VW
Steam, is the HOT set-up,

Steam, HOT, get it? lol2.gif

John chairfall.gif
scotty914
first pull engine second media blast... gets it real clean
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.