Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: my weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MarkG
Winter let up for 3 days here in Colorado last week, so I drove the 914 to friends house for a weekend of suspension work. This is also the first time I've driven it for more than a mile since getting it back from shop getting it to meet emissions. Must admit, I do believe this is going to be a very fun car indeed.

Jacked up the front, dropped entire suspension and brake system (except M/C and passenger side tie-rod, having problems getting it loose; will replace the M/C this Friday).

Melted old A-arm bushings out and test fitted my Weltmeister 'street' bushings - they fit fine, no binding'...Elephant's in the future, but for now the less expensive ones are going to have to do.

I will rebuild the front calipers tonight or tommorow, as well as clean the A-arms and struts.

Friday we will start to replace the M/C (19mm) and get passenger tie-rod off; Then replace w/Turbo tie rods, new ball joints, 22mm Weltmeister sway bar (stock torsion bars for now) new rotors, bearings and pads (Porterfield R4S), Bilsteins, calipers and hoses......

When done, the back end gets raised and new Bilsteins, 165 lb springs, brake hoses, rebuilt calipers and Porterfield R4S go on...then off to allignment land.

Hope to be done by Sunday the 17th at the latest...then a test drive to Cripple Creek!

ALL for less $$ than a 30k mile service on my ex-308!!!!
Gint
QUOTE (MarkG @ Apr 6 2005, 01:50 PM)
Winter let up for 3 days here in Colorado last week, so I drove the 914 to friends house for a weekend of suspension work. This is also the first time I've driven it for more than a mile since getting it back from shop getting it to meet emissions. Must admit, I do believe this is going to be a very fun car indeed.

Jacked up the front, dropped entire suspension and brake system (except M/C and passenger side tie-rod, having problems getting it loose; will replace the M/C this Friday).

Melted old A-arm bushings out and test fitted my Weltmeister 'street' bushings - they fit fine, no binding'...Elephant's in the future, but for now the less expensive ones are going to have to do.

I will rebuild the front calipers tonight or tommorow, as well as clean the A-arms and struts.

Friday we will start to replace the M/C (19mm) and get passenger tie-rod off; Then replace w/Turbo tie rods, new ball joints, 22mm Weltmeister sway bar (stock torsion bars for now) new rotors, bearings and pads (Porterfield R4S), Bilsteins, calipers and hoses......

When done, the back end gets raised and new Bilsteins, 165 lb springs, brake hoses, rebuilt calipers and Porterfield R4S go on...then off to allignment land.

Hope to be done by Sunday the 17th at the latest...then a test drive to Cripple Creek!

ALL for less $$ than a 30k mile service on my ex-308!!!!

That's right, winter. Winter let up... for just a couple of days. All of you Californians stay in Cali. It's winter here.

Dude, your a riot with that winter stuff.
brant
I gotta agree.
Mark your hilarious.
(but hey I respect that everybodys allowed their own opinions)

at least I removed that down parka and 3 layers of long johns during the weekend.... but gonna have to put them back on before sunset tonight lest I freeeeezzze to death...

Good job taking on that project Mark!

brant
stags14
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
MarkG
Yea I hate cold weather....gonna move to the Gobi or Sahara when I get laid off!!!

Gotta admit we have the best mountain roads for these cars
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.