Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Long Beach Grand Prix
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyAKAVW
A bunch of guys I work with are going out to the race this weekend. Anyone from the club going? I'm probably going to go on Saturday for a few hours and Sunday as well.

http://www.longbeachgp.com

-Tony

skline
I know Mrs.K always goes, Joe and I went with her one year. I used to go when I worked down at the port as they always gave me free tickets. I have too much to do still on the car to take off for it. So I wont be there but it is pretty cool every year. Lots of eye candy down there.
Jenny
Damn! I didn't know it was this weekend. My brother works in downtown & can get free parking plus probably a view from the office. Alas, I'll not be in attendance. sad.gif

Jen
Carlitos Way
I went last year for all three days. Had a blast. BUt it's not something I want to do every year. BTW... if you go, make sure you bring plenty of water/fluids, and ear plugs. It's REALLY loud.
racergreg
My friends and I have been going every year since 1989! laugh.gif

It's great fun...there's nothing better than watching the turn 1 action on the first lap! driving.gif

maf914
I hope all of you left coasters have a good time at the Long Beach GP. I'd probably go if I were near by. I'll watch it on TV though. It's the only race on TV this weekend, except for the good old boys.

I started the year attending the Daytona 24 Hours and then the Sebring 12 Hours. These events are quite different in atmoshere, but both are fun just the same. I probably won't attend another race until later in the year and I'm not sure what type race it will be.

I read on the Speed Channel news site yesterday that the IRL is already in negotiations with the Long Beach GP people about replacing CART next year. The IRL would love to steal CART's prize event. I don't know if that's good or bad for the spectators. CART has had a really rough time the last couple of years and is still struggling. The IRL ran its first street/road course race last weekend in St. Petersberg, Florida, and it actually was an intersting race (on TV). We'll see what happens.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.