Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-8 Far Sale in New Mexico
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
teenrookie
The current owner knows nothing about 914's let alone V8 conversions. He traded his Harley for this due to some injury and isn't real excited about the car. I talked to him once and all I got wa that the car is "real clean" but he thinks it needs a clutch.

Has anyone gone and taken a look at it or live near by and can take a look?

914-8

Thanks-
TheCabinetmaker
Joe, 914RS, is in abq.
Series9
Yep, I would be the guy to go see it.

I'm in LA right now but should be able to see it on Friday. If you make the arrangements and get me an address, I'll do a PPI.

I am not a V8 expert, so keep that in mind.
skline
Looks like a nice car, the things to look for would be who the conversion parts are from and if they were installed correctly and clean. PM me and I can talk to you while you are there looking at it. Pictures would be good too.
teenrookie
smilie_pokal.gif ohmy.gif This club never stops amazing me. This is better than a fraternity!!

I will call tonight and PM you the info.

I honestly don't know what to say...Thanks and a dinner on me?
Series9
It gets better. I could trailer it to the WCC. rolleyes.gif

I will take many many pictures for you guys to sort out. I know 914s and know where to look. It'll get careful scrutiny.

Scott, get me your # and I will call during the inspection so you can have me look at the V8 specifics.
neo914-6
QUOTE (914RS @ Apr 6 2005, 06:33 PM)
It gets better. I could trailer it to the WCC. rolleyes.gif

Joe,

You're still towing your car, right?
Series9
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Apr 6 2005, 08:04 PM)
QUOTE (914RS @ Apr 6 2005, 06:33 PM)
It gets better.  I could trailer it to the WCC. rolleyes.gif

Joe,

You're still towing your car, right?

I'm driving, unless the RS breaks.

We'll have a 'burb and trailer. Right now, Scott Thacher has requested use of the trailer if it's available. Obviously, the RS has first rights on the trailer should it become necessary.

If we were to bring this V8, it could ride unless the RS breaks, in which case it would have to go on the road.
neo914-6
QUOTE (914RS @ Apr 6 2005, 07:10 PM)
I'm driving.

smilie_pokal.gif
TravisNeff
That car had been in the autotrader a few years ago - for a very, very, very long time. I pondered looking at it each time I was in NM for an office visit. Does look nice!
teenrookie
confused24.gif What is "cobbled"? Poorly built?
Aaron Cox
hopefully not like the last one james...
teenrookie
laugh.gif We should pull that thread up to show Joe what to run from lol2.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (teenrookie @ Apr 6 2005, 10:50 PM)
laugh.gif We should pull that thread up to show Joe what to run from lol2.gif

lol2.gif crunched.....bad FG... lol screwy.gif lol2.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.