Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rennsport Reunion 2018 date announced
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
See: https://www.pca.org/news/2016-06-14/pcna-ch...-scheduled-2018

Several have suggested it will move to Daytona
gereed75
Great news. I heard from someone in the know that it was very possible RennSport would be no more. The cost to Porsche was just too great vs. the return.

Do not miss this if at all possible.
Optimusglen
Awesome, I've been looking at pictures of past events for too long, I think I'll actually be able to make it this time!
GeorgeRud
I've been fortunate to be able to attend the last three Rennsports, and I think Laguna Seca fits the spirit of the event better. However, there are plenty of tracks that would be fun to visit. With the participation being so great, having plenty lodging close by is also a factor.

Regardless, just be sure to not miss it!
stownsen914
Selfishly I'd like to see Rennsport return to the northeast. Last one here was 2001 (Lime Rock), I believe. Or maybe try Mid Ohio - that's a little more centrally located ...
Racer
QUOTE(stownsen914 @ Jun 15 2016, 12:27 PM) *

Selfishly I'd like to see Rennsport return to the northeast. Last one here was 2001 (Lime Rock), I believe. Or maybe try Mid Ohio - that's a little more centrally located ...

imho, they need a larger facility than Lime Rock.

Watkins Glen would be nice.. a repeat of the Double 50 of 1998(?)! Plus its a large venue.
ClayPerrine
There were rumors at the last rennsport that it was going to move to a middle US track, either Circuit of the Americas or Road America.

I have no proof, this is just what I overheard eating lunch.
daytona
I live in the Daytona area so Daytona would be great. Plus I missed both Rennsports at Daytona.
The Glen would be a great venue but not enough lodging in my opinion, and so would be road America and Circuit of the Americas. However, since Porsche's US head quarters is in Atlanta with a brand new facility, I would bet on Road Atlanta.
In any case, it does not matter where in the US, I am in.
Bill.
jim_hoyland
Atlanta makes a lot of sense....
GeorgeRud
Ah, now that you mention it, I do miss the red clay of Atlanta!
jeffdon
I may be biased, but I am hoping for Laguna Seca.
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(jeffdon @ Jun 15 2016, 08:30 PM) *

Same here
VegasRacer
COTA in Austin would be my choice. first.gif
wes
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Jun 15 2016, 08:57 PM) *

QUOTE(jeffdon @ Jun 15 2016, 08:30 PM) *

Same here

agree.gif I Thought I heard the West Coast was Porsche's hottest market and Califona a big sheare of that plus Laguna Seca "almost" in the middle of California, so the descission to bringing Rensport back last time. Three hours from my house you gotta know I'd be there. I've completely enjoyed both times here and felt really fortunate, my favorite event
db9146
RA is a fast track...good for horsepower. Lot's of IMSA history too. I was a corner worker for a couple of seasons there when I was in college at Ga Tech.

That would be fantastic to see it here, though I've always wanted to visit Laguna Seca.
dcheek
QUOTE(stownsen914 @ Jun 15 2016, 08:27 AM) *

I second the motion for Lime Rock.

Dave
Betty
Our very first Rennsport was last year at Laguna Seca.

Honestly - I don't care where they have the one in 2018 - we'll be there - it was just THAT incredible. If you are able to make it to Rennsport in any form or fashion; you have to make it happen!
Michael N
Anyone hear any more news about the next Rennsport? I am sure that with the planning involved with an event of this scale, someone has to know.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Michael N @ Jan 4 2017, 08:49 AM) *

Anyone hear any more news about the next Rennsport? I am sure that with the planning involved with an event of this scale, someone has to know.

agree.gif Insiders will probably know; perhaps they are sharing that info with vendors that will be participating. You might try calling Porsche NA HQ and chat with their marketing team......?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Jun 15 2016, 05:27 PM) *

There were rumors at the last rennsport that it was going to move to a middle US track, either Circuit of the Americas or Road America.

I have no proof, this is just what I overheard eating lunch.

Either one makes sense. COTA is built to handle F1 type crowds and Road Atlanta handles the Mitty which has grown exponentially.
flat4guy
I am biased - Laguna Seca is my vote.
GeorgeRud
I imagine negotiations are proceeding with several venues and announcements will be made when things are finalized. With the last event's date change and issues that Laguna Seca is having with management, other facilities may be in the running. Though I love the Monterey Penninsula, I wouldn't mind being able to attend an event at COTÁN without having to pay a King's ransom that F1 requires for admission.
pete000
I think they like the large turn out they get in CA. My friend went to Daytona and said it was a much smaller amount of spectators which could be a good thing !
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jun 15 2016, 01:36 PM) *

Ah, now that you mention it, I do miss the red clay of Atlanta!

Me too, I would have an excuse to guy by the Olympic Park and find my brick and eat some Fat Matts ribs. I moved from Atlanta in 2000 so I doubt I would recognize much of it now.
Alphaogre
I thought it was every 4 years? Laguna Seca was great, but the history at Daytona would be good too. I would love to see it at Road Atlanta since its such a great spectator track and again has some great history with Porsche.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.