Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is there supposed to be one of these on each side?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brooks944
Hi guys, question for the body experts this time. Getting my '74 painted and there is a bracket on the front drivers side where the bumper goes. There isn't one on the passenger side, is there supposed to be? What's the bracket for?

Appreciate the help as always.
Rick

Click to view attachment
SLITS
QUOTE(brooks944 @ Jun 15 2016, 09:55 AM) *

Hi guys, question for the body experts this time. Getting my '74 painted and there is a bracket on the front drivers side where the bumper goes. There isn't one on the passenger side, is there supposed to be? What's the bracket for?

Appreciate the help as always.
Rick

Somebody has replaced that fender with the late model big bumper fender. That clip holds the rubber bumper cover.

or

You have a late '74 and they ran out of the earlier fenders at the factory.
SirAndy
QUOTE(SLITS @ Jun 15 2016, 10:00 AM) *
Somebody has replaced that fender with the late model big bumper fender.

agree.gif
Mikey914
Only if yours is a 75 -76. If your fender is original, I'd leave it as a conversation piece. What is your build date?

914 Archeology !
brooks944
Build date is 11/73. So this is a replacement fender or one a 75 fitted at the factory when the ran out of 74's?

Is my car considered an 'early' or 'late' 1974?

As always, I appreciate your expertise.
Rick

SirAndy
QUOTE(brooks944 @ Jun 15 2016, 11:12 AM) *
Build date is 11/73. So this is a replacement fender or one a 75 fitted at the factory when the ran out of 74's?

With a build date of 11/73, i highly doubt this is a factory installed '75/'76 fender ...
popcorn[1].gif
Root_Werks
Those don't look like factory spot welds either.
malcolm2
Grind it off and fill the spots welds. Then it will be ready for paint.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.