Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater Control cable dilemma
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
North Coast Jim
Need some help. Purchased from Pelican their 914 heater control cable, their #356D914-424-075-01 as advertised to fit a 74 914. Received an item that although looks like the original fits the drivers side but will not fit thru the passenger side tube. It gets hung up at the 90 degree bend at the firewall. Passenger side has a more severe bend in the tube. Tried inserting from the rear and get only about 3/4" before it hangs up. Seems the ferrell on the end is too long and/or too big in diameter. Called Pelican and was told to contact their supplier a GEMO distributor. Part number I received is a GEMO 424 200. Is this the correct part or do I have to modify it to work. Pelican's vendor told me to straighten out the tube at the firewall which I'm not about to do.
Mikey914
If you had to, you could cut, or grind down the ends. However, I have heard the ones on the market now are short already. I most definitely would not modify my car to make the part fit.

BTW - doing a GB on these now.
mepstein
Sometimes you have to straighten out the bend a bit to get the cable end through. It's not a big deal. It just needs a little tweak. The steel will bend back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.