Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear decklid hydraulic shock conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tazz9924
Im looking into converting my rear trunk to hydraulic shocks instead of the ultra scary torsion springs. I simply can have the torsion bars in place because they interfere with my engine. any replies welcome
mepstein
Camp 914
Mueller
http://camp914.com/products.html

Buy the kit, not worth saving the $10 or so trying to piece it together yourself.

If you source too soft or too strong springs you can damage your trunk.

Rand
I like to fabricate stuff myself, so I did my own with shocks from a pick-n-pull. Totally worth it to me because it was fun and saved me $40. I found an SUV that had separate shocks to open the window in the rear hatch door. The hatch door shocks would have been way too strong, but the ones for the glass were perfect.

if you aren't the fabricator type then the Camp914 kit is the only way to go. It's a ready-to-go kit solution, and Craig is a great vendor.
boxstr
The new CAMP 914 rear trunk shox are the Gen2 with no cutting of any sheet metal and a much simpler installation.
Craig at CAMP
Mueller
QUOTE(Rand @ Jun 15 2016, 08:26 PM) *

I like to fabricate stuff myself, so I did my own with shocks from a pick-n-pull. Totally worth it to me because it was fun and saved me $40. I found an SUV that had separate shocks to open the window in the rear hatch door. The hatch door shocks would have been way too strong, but the ones for the glass were perfect.

if you aren't the fabricator type then the Camp914 kit is the only way to go. It's a ready-to-go kit solution, and Craig is a great vendor.

A fabricator wouldn't have to ask how to do it, they'd do it (like you) or find a picture smile.gif

tazz9924
thanks for the replys ill check out camp 914. id usually just fabricate it myself but I didn't know where to start! confused24.gif
tazz9924
QUOTE(boxstr @ Jun 15 2016, 09:16 PM) *

The new CAMP 914 rear trunk shox are the Gen2 with no cutting of any sheet metal and a much simpler installation.
Craig at CAMP

u guys know how to write funny adds at CAMP u will probably get an order from me soon
MoveQik
Buy the Camp914 kit. Doesn't matter if you have Gen 1 or 2, you can do it without hacking up your trunk. Even I did it! Oddly enough....the Gen two looks my Gen 1 that I installed. :-)

Check my rear trunk shocks....

If you need exact measurements, let me know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.