Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The 914/2 Road & Track
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Hard to scan old faded pages...but you get the idea.

Admin...I've rotated these several times.....please fix! thanks
Tom_T
Hey Bill, that brings back memories! biggrin.gif

I actually used that article & the similar one form MT back then to research & eventually buy my 73 2L in 1975! I still have the original Xerox copies (yes, "Xerox" back then) with my red pen notes on it about stuff to think about.

There is a book out which includes this & about every article written on 914s back in the day - IIRC it's called the "Porsche 914 Ultimate Portfolio" by Brooklands Books, & well worth the money for any 914 fan.

PS - It was the earlier MT test article from about Feb. `73 where they still were referring to it as the "914S" - as were Porsche+Audi division of VW of America. smile.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
carr914
I still have it
green914
cool smile.gif
wes
Click to view attachment
EdwardBlume
It sure makes our cars seem old.... wait, they are!
wes
QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 17 2016, 07:17 AM) *

I was just thinking,,,,,, I was 28 when mine was built and I've got a birthday coming soon.
Root_Werks
I have that R&T issue packed away somewhere. It's a good one to keep.
Tom_T
QUOTE(wes @ Jun 17 2016, 07:35 AM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Jun 17 2016, 07:17 AM) *

I was just thinking,,,,,, I was 28 when mine was built and I've got a birthday coming soon.

I was 19-20 when mine was built & we both have birthdays in a couple of months too!

.... yup, we're ALL getting old! dry.gif slits.gif howard.gif

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
SKL1
I've got that issue in a box up in the attic... just can't throw that stuff away, along with selected issues of Competition Press-Autoweek.

I was 21 when I got my '71- we've grown up together smile.gif
wes
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Jun 17 2016, 07:28 PM) *

I've got that issue in a box up in the attic... just can't throw that stuff away, along with selected issues of Competition Press-Autoweek.

I was 21 when I got my '71- we've grown up together smile.gif

sunglasses.gif Hotrod and Motor trend magazine from the 60s stored in an old wooden sowing machine box.
steuspeed
I thought the Fuchs were forged, not cast alloy. poke.gif
boxsterfan
Those 914's look nice. I'll take one please!! biggrin.gif
Tom_T
QUOTE(wes @ Jun 17 2016, 08:11 PM) *

sunglasses.gif Hotrod and Motor trend magazine from the 60s stored in an old wooden sowing machine box.

Hey Wes, back then my uncle owned the only bindery in OC & did Hot Rod, Surfer & a few other home grown OC magazines of the 70's, so my brothers & I got the rejects free!

Unfortunately, I don't have the boxes of them anymore. They got chucked out by our Dad - my uncle's brother - when they moved the family from San Diego to Indy back in summer `71. sad.gif

But I do have the 60's memories as a kid/teen of working with my uncle on his 32 Ford Roadster, 58 Vette & Rail dragster back in those days. smile.gif

I did keep a few of the R&T, MT & C&D articles related to my 914 though!

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
JPA914
Tested weight was 2460 pounds??? screwy.gif
wes
[quote name='Tom_T' date='Jun 17 2016, 11:14 PM' post='2360898']
[quote name='wes' post='2360844' date='Jun 17 2016, 08:11 PM']
[/quote]

Hey Wes, back then my uncle owned the only bindery in OC & did Hot Rod, Surfer & a few other home grown OC magazines of the 70's, so my brothers & I got the rejects free!

Unfortunately, I don't have the boxes of them anymore. They got chucked out by our Dad - my uncle's brother - when they moved the family from San Diego to Indy back in summer `71. sad.gif

But I do have the 60's memories as a kid/teen of working with my uncle on his 32 Ford Roadster, 58 Vette & Rail dragster back in those days. smile.gif

I did keep a few of the R&T, MT & C&D articles related to my 914 though!

beerchug.gif

Back in the day with my 1949 Frod Business coup with a police interceptor flathead V-8 and fun times on the back roads of Mpls Minnesota. No note of any 914 then! beerchug.gif

pt_700
i like how detailed the old test results were.

just sorted a bunch of my old magazine, my r&t's go back to the mid-80's...

wife would love to see me let these go...
bandjoey
When I was in high school I would devour the last page details of each car. Great info!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.