Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any body using after market horns?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
keely444
I need to get a horn set . Looking for anyone with experience with the Hella choices out there or any other aftermarket .I want something load enough to actually be useful.
Jason74914
I have these (actually on my truck, not the 914). You will not be ignored!
http://www.jegs.com/i/Hella/288/003001651/10002/-1

sb914
You should try airhorns,they work really good ,super loud for our tiny little cars that no one can see!
Phoenix-MN
Hella's I forget the model number, they are loud

Click to view attachment
Jason74914
Phoenix,
I think yours are these:
http://www.jegs.com/i/Hella/288/003399803/10002/-1

Also, in my post #2, I realized you cannot really tell the size of those. The trumpets are 6.5 inches long. The compressor is 4.5 inches tall. Easily fit in the frunk.
Jason74914
Amazon has them cheaper than JEGS.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?u...ords=hella+horn

Olympic 914
QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Jun 17 2016, 09:16 AM) *

Click to view attachment

I like these.. can you remove the red grills to paint them, without destroying anything?
Gmanscott55
I am using these. Also Hella.

.Click to view attachment
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(Olympic 1.7 @ Jun 17 2016, 05:33 AM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Jun 17 2016, 09:16 AM) *

I like these.. can you remove the red grills to paint them, without destroying anything?

Why? they are behind the bumper confused24.gif You could just paint the red part, I think it's riveted on but it does look like they might be Phillips head screws
GeorgeRud
I have those Hella Supertone horns on my 911, and I'd recommend them for. 914 as well. Load!
Krieger
I put 911 horns I mine.
TheCabinetmaker
http://www.autohausaz.com/search/pn.aspx?s...2qiAaAuhO8P8HAQ
BeemerSteve
I have a set of Super Tones as well......they're Hella loud!!!
914_teener
QUOTE(sb914 @ Jun 17 2016, 06:07 AM) *

You should try airhorns,they work really good ,super loud for our tiny little cars that no one can see!

agree.gif agree.gif

Air horn......may save your car or you.

Nobody sees......and you should drive that way.

I put mine in the front fender well.
porschetub
Used high and low tone horns from a VW mk3 golf,they have nice sealed plug connectors and sound great......cost ? free from my parts car biggrin.gif
Garland
QUOTE(Gmanscott55 @ Jun 17 2016, 08:00 AM) *

I am using these. Also Hella.

.Click to view attachment

Me too Great horn for 914
SixerJ
Yep, these baby's......eventually. Long way to go yet. Friking loud if you test them after a rebuild with your head in a boot on a spare battery wacko.gif Click to view attachment
green914
Almost had an SUV back into me last week - my stock horns made enough noise to get the drivers attention just in time. unsure.gif I have been thinking about a set of air horns all week, but a new set of Hellas might be a better way to go.
porschetub
QUOTE(green914 @ Jun 18 2016, 12:10 PM) *

Almost had an SUV back into me last week - my stock horns made enough noise to get the drivers attention just in time. unsure.gif I have been thinking about a set of air horns all week, but a new set of Hellas might be a better way to go.

good comment ...what is it with these POS vehicles,small people in large car trying to be bigger personality and arrogant to match ,my daily is a Audi A4 avant TDI and it is classed as a sport wagen so low to the ground...feel like I'am ready to be eaten by them....had my vent now laugh.gif
SixerJ
Sorry about the Rally air horn, not very helpful as you can't get them at your local parts store. Got a bit over excited as I was re-packing the parts stash.

I've had air horns in the past, loud and great on the road but didn't like them as they had a delay which defeats the purpose.. Not good when someone starts to back up in the car park, as 0.5 second would really count

agree.gif on the Hella super tones as thinking about it misses has them fitted on her Landrover by the PO, really great for single track lanes with blind bends

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.