Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you like road trips? Hitch a ride to Sicily!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
23e Heure
I thought twice abut sharing this thread with the forum: No 914s feature in it, plus Europe might seem a long way away for the majortity of forumites.

However the trip seems too much fun not to share... and what's more, I am considering going again next year in the 914!

Four of us brits just got back from a 10 day road trip.

Starting in the UK, we went via France, Belgium, Germany, crossed the Swiss Alps, then went via Italy to Sicily.

And then came back again a week later.

2 cars in the convoy: My mate Mike in his original '73 911 2.7RS Touring, and me in my 2.7RS LWT Rep'.

4000km in total, 900 of them (for me) spent in hard competition on Sicily's mountain roads.

For Mike he was taking his car back 'home': it was sold new in 1973 in Palermo, and we had tracked down and arranged to meet the original owner of the car.

And for me it was my 4th pilgrimage to the island home of the Targa Florio. And on this visit I was going to compete in a 4 day classic car road rally.

This link takes you directly to the start of the road trip: http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic...tart=90#p499461

If you are keen, you can skip back to page 1 of the thread and get the whole story too.

Hope you enjoy it!

IPB Image
Big Len
WOW !!!

The picture thread is fantastic.
db9146
Thanks for sharing. I showed the pics to my wife to entice her to agree to think about how great something like that would be to participate in.
Millerwelds
Thanks for sharing. Super fun! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.