Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Long Beach Grand Prix
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mrs. K
cool.gif Any of you guys or gals going to the Long Beach Grand Prix this weekend? Friday is usaually really fun because it's not too
crowded and they let you in the garage to meet the drivers..
pretty fun!
I'll be there!

Lisa cool_shades.gif
skline
Hey there Lisa, I knew you were going to go. You however, need to check This thread It was on page 2. Wich I could go, way too much to do.
Mrs. K
screwy.gif Oops! Being on page 2 I guess I didn't notice it!
Besides, I just got confirmation from Steve L that we have tickets.
You know him, Scott, and he missed the last 2 years!

Wish you could join us too, but I totally understand about
all you have going on! wink.gif
We'll miss you!

Lisa smile.gif
skline
That reminds me, Rita called this morning when my phone was broken and I need to call her back tomorrow morning.
Rgreen914
Never been my cup of tea, even when I worked in Long Beach; I always wished they had run the race a few blocks north and east of the current course, give the public a look at the "real" Long Beach. Every time I see the commercial on local TV (with Bruce Flanders' voice doing the hype) though, I think back to when I used to run with his younger brother (Paul) and we spent so many weekends at so many drag strips all over the West; hell, sometimes Bruce would even tag along!

Ron
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Rgreen914 @ Apr 6 2005, 11:56 PM)
Never been my cup of tea, even when I worked in Long Beach; I always wished they had run the race a few blocks north and east of the current course, give the public a look at the "real" Long Beach.  

Well, Ron, I don't know if you have been down this way lately, but in the last several years they have really done a lot of renovation in the downtown area. I live near Long Beach State....so there are still some very nice areas in the "Real" Long Beach! cool.gif

Lisa driving-girl.gif
skline
Yesm there are a few, but where he is talking about, it still isnt a very nice area.
Mrs. K
rolleyes.gif Well for anyone who is local and interested, there is a free Friday pass in today's Long Beach Press Telegram, along with the fan guide.

"I love the smell of methanol in the morning!" Varroooomm!

Lisa driving-girl.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.