Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil temp sender grommet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
era vulgaris
I'm trying to find the grommet that goes on the taco plate, that the sender wire passes through. I looked through 914rubber and Pelican's sites, but couldn't find them. Maybe I missed them. Is anyone making these? If not, what are you guys using?

JeffBowlsby
AA
Mikey914
I've got one I made for the license plate light wires. May work. PM me your address I'll drop one out to see if it fits.
Mark
McMark
Part number 311 949 149 A
Appears to be available from VW/Audi dealers, but I can't find any pictures to confirm.
era vulgaris
Thanks guys! Mikey914, I sent a pm.
Mark Henry
That is a type 4 (411,412) part number, A regular beetle through the chassis brake line grommet (211 611 751) fits the big hole perfectly, but the wire hole is a little big. A small section of shrink tube or small hose would make up the difference.

A couple bucks for four at any AC VW shop.
Mikey914
Think mine will be a perfect fit, but may want to slit it to install the wire.
It's a very sturdy grommet.
914Sixer
The 311 part has a nipple on the end. I don't have one for a picture.
Mikey914
Well tried mine, too big. I'm trying to source, but if not I will make.
Mark
clapeza
Sorry to hijack, but what about the CHT engine tin grommet? Now that 914Rubber sells a replacement CHT, stocking the grommet would be a natural addition.

I did a search, and got several "it's still available" and try vendor X, but I'm much more likely to order more stuff from Mark than anyone...

Any chance this is on the "to-do list"?
JFJ914
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 20 2016, 05:46 AM) *

Part number 311 949 149 A
Appears to be available from VW/Audi dealers, but I can't find any pictures to confirm.

I got mine at the Porsche dealer.
bandjoey
How about the Assortment pack of faucet washers at Ace hardware? They also have a nice assortment of rubber washers
Mikey914
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Feb 27 2017, 02:56 PM) *

How about the Assortment pack of faucet washers at Ace hardware? They also have a nice assortment of rubber washers

Yes you can do this, some fit ...kind of.
Mikey914
QUOTE(clapeza @ Feb 26 2017, 06:01 PM) *

Sorry to hijack, but what about the CHT engine tin grommet? Now that 914Rubber sells a replacement CHT, stocking the grommet would be a natural addition.

I did a search, and got several "it's still available" and try vendor X, but I'm much more likely to order more stuff from Mark than anyone...

Any chance this is on the "to-do list"?

DO you mean this?

Yes I have obtained a sample and it is on the list maybe 6-8 weeks at this point.

I do want to thank those of you that do buy parts from me. As you know I do roll the proceeds back into making more parts and supporting the community. I often do make improvements in materials and other design features only where it makes sense (basically I prefer as close to stock as possible). Your purchases allow me to make more parts, and take on some very large projects.

SO thanks to all that are supporting our efforts!!! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.