Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: i need some help w/ part numbers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
okay, i have these white wiring things with the connector at the end
I need these things (part numbers would help)if possible....
*Pin Release Tool(for getting the wire connector things out)
*More wires with connectors

Oh and what would you all use for connecting two lengths of wire together in the harness.....currently i use butt connectors....but i dont think thats gonna work long term...anybody got any ideas?
bd1308
oops...need to attach pic.
Dave_Darling
Aaah, crap. Iffin I had access to my archives... I have the part numbers listed in there, but can't get to them right now. Perhaps someone saved the info back when I sent it to the Rennlist? Or saved it from the DGI.NET 914 club forum?

--DD
Jeffs9146
I use a very small screw driver to push the lock pin in while I pull out the wire. It works fairly well!

Jeff
Aaron Cox
whatcha making?
bd1308
well i broke my old pin release tool....i dont like using screwdrivers, as i have cracked the connectors before....i personally prefer this tool anyway, as it makes the job effortless....beck arnley rocks!!! wub.gif aaron, I am fixing things for real (on my FI) and I need some wirees....time to break out the soldiering iron....
scotty b
Check with Radio Shack for the pin remover, I think they keep them in stock, as for connecting the wires, solder and heat shrink! No soldering iron, get one at Radio Shack when you go for your pin remover biggrin.gif Never used one?Strip the two wire ends, twist them together (place one on top of the other in line and twist) Heat it up until you solder melts on it, place the tip on the center of the wire ends, place your solder at the end and when it begins to melt it will flow into the wire strands, slide your heat shrink over and heat to shrink. (don't hold a flame directly on it!)
Dave_Darling
OK, some Googling turned up the following:

2-pin Shell . . . . 158-0002 . . . . Box of 5
3-pin Shell . . . . 158-0003 . . . . Box of 5
4-pin Shell . . . . 158-0004 . . . . Box of 5
Pins . . . . . . . .158-0005 . . . . Box of 25

Hope this helps...

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.