Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: show me your rear. (sway bar, that is)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ottox914
Over the long cold vinter in way up north, WI, I picked up a weltmeister rear sway bar. This weekend looks good for some warmer temps and quality garage time. Anyone installed one and can share photos of where exactally to drill for the mounts? It does come with fairly clear directions, but no templates for the drilling, and with a bit, drill, and metal, I'd like to get it close enough to right the first time.
rhodyguy
take a look at the "fun in the garage with al and kevin" thread we did this 2 days ago. if you look up in the back you will see a hole that acts as a witness for placement. tack the 2 brackets, put the bar in and check for binding. 2 people makes this task much easier.

k
Dave-O
Hey Dave, I'll give you a quick icon_bump.gif Doesn't look like I will be able to swing by this weekend to help you out or play with the scales. Are you going to be in town next weekend for the school? Maybe we could to a little "tuning" on saturday afternoon. It looks like I might make the PCA event on sunday afterall!!! Cheers,

David
Trekkor
Don't know if this helps... confused24.gif

KT
ottox914
Thanks all for the photos- anyone with a weltmeister install to share, as thats what I've got to install?

Dave-o: bummer you can't stop by, saturday will be a big day, getting the camber plates and sway bar in, and scuffing in the hoosiers... and yes, I'll be in the cities the following weekend, as I need to go over the novice school teaching plan with the instructors and get them all on the same page on saturday. Planning to be at the PCA event sunday. Give me a call over the weekend if you can.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.