Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOW. I've never actually met another owner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tdgray
So I'm out to dinner with some people from work last night and one of my co-workers asks me about my cars and how the 914 is coming along. After quickly dodging that question.... ahem dry.gif

One of our new guys proceeds to tell me that he has a 72 914. WOW I said I've never actually met another owner in this area (well I've talked to Doug H, but we haven't actually met yet). He then proceeds to tell me that he bought it NEW in 1972. blink.gif Signal orange 1.7. I was freakin floored ohmy.gif

I sent him the web site link and invited him to come join us. He just started at my company and is actually relocating from another state in the near future. Sure will be nice to have another teener around.

Oh and he also has a 944..... but we won't hold that against him. cool.gif
i love porsche
thats awesome, the only owners ive met are people from the board, and ive seen a handful relatively close to me, but id like to talk to some of them one day
CptTripps
Sweet Todd! I have a feeling we're all going to be fast friends this summer...
Steve Thacker
I found out yesterday on the bird site that there is another teener owner here in Columbus. I only knew of one! I sent him a email geetings.
TJB/914
Hey Todd, Doug. Steve & others in Northeast Ohio.

I just got back from a business trip into the Akron & Canton area. Stayed along I-77, about exit 120?? Had dinner at the Spaghetti House in Akron & checked out the area for 914's (didn't find anything). I get into the area often & next time you guys get together let me know & I'll plan my business trip to join you. Better yet if you guys work in a Power Plant & need something fixed I'll buy lunch/dinner.

Tom
bd1308
so far the only owners i know of are 3: Greg (from Bowling Green, who fell off the face of the earth), Dave D (from Mt. Washington,KY) and the one guy...lemme dig info on him.
tdgray
QUOTE (Thomas J Bliznik @ Apr 7 2005, 09:30 AM)
Hey Todd, Doug. Steve & others in Northeast Ohio.

I just got back from a business trip into the Akron & Canton area. Stayed along I-77, about exit 120?? Had dinner at the Spaghetti House in Akron & checked out the area for 914's (didn't find anything). I get into the area often & next time you guys get together let me know & I'll plan my business trip to join you. Better yet if you guys work in a Power Plant & need something fixed I'll buy lunch/dinner.

Tom

My company has it's own power plant.... does that count? biggrin.gif

Absolutley, next time you are in let me know. I can show a real rare site... a teener up on blocks ohmy.gif
gopack
Funny how this works,
I was at my dentist, and we have a lot in common, both lived in WI for a long time, both Packer fans, stuff like that, and I mention my car, and he says what kind of car. so I say Porche 914, expecting to have to describe it like I always have to so many times, and he says, what year?
turns out he has a 74 he bought 20 years ago, tucked away in storage and he was as amazed as me to meet another owner!
cool HUH?
914fire
I have yet to meet anyone around here with a teener. but i see a guy in a beater (i mean rough shape!) Pantera go by my station on his way to work every day.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.