Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: name the part
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
TheCabinetmaker
Starter quit working today. Turned but did not engage flywheel. Removed starter and it bench tested fine. Stuck my hand in the starter hole. Teeth felt fine, but I found this in hole. What the heck? I figured it's part of the t o bearing, but the clutch works fine, and it shifts fine. I didn't realize there was brass in the bearing.

IPB Image
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jun 20 2016, 05:23 PM) *

Starter quit working today. Turned but did not engage flywheel. Removed starter and it bench tested fine. Stuck my hand in the starter hole. Teeth felt fine, but I found this in hole. What the heck? I figured it's part of the t o bearing, but the clutch works fine, and it shifts fine. I didn't realize there was brass in the bearing.

IPB Image

It looks almost like a seal that has come apart, but don't see how it could be a seal or bearing because it is still a concentric circle (although beat up) so anywhere it would be would require it to break to be loose like that.....Hmmmm...let me go look at mine.
TheCabinetmaker
Starter armature shaft end bushing and retainer. Came off the end of the shaft.
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jun 20 2016, 08:42 PM) *

Starter armature shaft end bushing and retainer. Came off the end of the shaft.

That makes allot more sense. It looks bigger than that but it makes sense since anything else would have to break apart to come off the input shaft of the transmission.
TheCabinetmaker
My deductions exactly!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.