Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GONE....Free, mostly complete 1.7 motor, condition unknown
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Mueller
Nice meeting you Erik (914bub)

Motor no longer available

I picked this motor up thinking I was going to rebuild it then found another better running engine. Previous owner took the missing parts sad.gif

I'd say it is good for a core, I have not tried to turn it over, don't know, don't care.

If not picked up within a reasonable time it goes to the scrap yard.

No shipping.

Does not come with the container it is sitting in unless you want to purchase it for $25, perfect size for a Type IV
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
bdstone914
Would be a shame to scrap the whole thing. If that flywheel has life left it is worth about $100. If you pull it pull the seal and get the end play shims that are NLA. If the dizzy hold vacuum it is worth pulling.
914bub
Pm sent
JeffBowlsby
Ah, the vultures are circling mike. Dibs on the ECU and wire harness cores if it goes to scrap. Let me know and I'll come get them.
2mAn
Hmmm.... if the fiances' SUV has some space in the trunk I might be able to swoop this. I know you said you're busy Saturday, what about Sunday?
Mueller
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jun 21 2016, 03:48 PM) *

Ah, the vultures are circling mike. Dibs on the ECU and wire harness cores if it goes to scrap. Let me know and I'll come get them.

I'll ask the guy that wants the motor if he has any use for those items.

Water came pouring out of the ECU last night when I was moving things around for the picture (I thought I had it covered up well enough)
914bub
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 21 2016, 04:09 PM) *

Water came pouring out of the ECU last night when I was moving things around for the picture (I thought I had it covered up well enough)

Hope I'm that guy, if so the harness and Ecu are all mr bowlsbys.

I'm no vulture I could use it and I'm right around the corner from you and him
Mueller
QUOTE(914bub @ Jun 21 2016, 04:13 PM) *

QUOTE(Mueller @ Jun 21 2016, 04:09 PM) *

Hope I'm that guy, if so the harness and Ecu are all mr bowlsbys.

I'm no vulture I could use it and I'm right around the corner from you and him

Sorry it took so long to get back to your PM's.

Someone else has responded to me via another forum and showed interest in it. I suspected he didn't "need" it so I called and asked him if didn't mind it going to someone else. Turns out he already has 5 or 6 complete motors collecting dust so he said he didn't mind it going to another good home.

914bub can have it!

JeffBowlsby
914bub and I win? !!!

Let me know what I need to do.
914bub
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jun 22 2016, 08:25 AM) *

914bub and I win? !!!

Jeff
I'll ship them to you.
2mAn
QUOTE(914bub @ Jun 22 2016, 08:29 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jun 22 2016, 08:25 AM) *

914bub and I win? !!!

Jeff
I'll ship them to you.

when are you picking up the motor? Im going to be in Turlock Friday night/ Saturday morning then heading to Mr Bowlsby's house on Saturday to pull his motor. I can deliver it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.