Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tire Recomendations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
roundboy914
I am looking to buy a new set of wet/streeet tires. I have a '76 2.0/4, cam, carbs, front & rear sway bars, koni's, etc. It is a mostly DE car, but i drive to the events and during the summer. I have two sets of wheels, one for track (7" BBS, with 205/50/15 Khumo V700's). They (the Khumo's) run great in the dry, but not so much in the rain. I hate missing track time (being a cheap s.o.b.), so i like to drive in the rain, and also need a set of tires for the street. I have Riv's, which currently have an old ass set of blistered 185/60/15 yokohama AVS tires. So basically, i have looked a Tire Rack, and they have the Dunlop SP sport 5000.
Any one use this tire?
Any other recomendations for this application?
VegasRacer
I recently got a set of the Toyo T1-S.
I am really impressed by how well they do in the wet.
They also stick well at the track in the dry.
john rogers
I bought a set of Goodyear Eagle G18 rain tires when I went to Phoenix and it was raining. They are so soft that they griped when there was deep standing water and I could hardly tell when I went through it. They do not work in the dry as they are too soft.
anthony
The Goodyear F1 DS-G3 is supposed to be a fantastic rain tire as well as a high performance summer tire.
nebreitling
hoosier has a new dot-r rain tire, but i wouldn't run 'em on the street.
Trekkor
Yokohama A032r's wet and dry, a/x and track.
Get the soft compound. wink.gif

Advan A032R

KT
grantsfo
I run the Yoko Advan A032 R soft compound on my car. Drove in the rain once on the way back from an autocross. They are decent in the rain.

I think the new Falken Azenis Sport RT 615)would be a better choice if standing water were on a track. I have a set of the 615's and they have big groves for rain. I think they will hold up better than the Yoko's as well. Yoko's are real sticky but wear pretty quickly compared to the Falken which is more of a street tire.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.