Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Canadian Historic Grand Prix
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
NS914
Hey Guys,
I just spend last weekend at the Canadian Historic Grand Prix (Mosport) just outside of Oshawa Ontario Canada. There were 300 participants, wicked cars and a fantastic facility. A buddy of mine has been trying to get me to go to Mosport for almost 10 years and we finally made it happen this year. I will have to post some pics later this evening!

There were Mini's, MG's of every kind, Ginetta's, Corvettes, Camaro's, Mustangs, Porsches re 911's, 356's, a gaggle of 944's including a Rothman's Cup car and of course our interest 914's too...of the four and six variety. Needless to say I have been reenergized to finish my car....

Google the event or Canadian Tire Motorsport Park. A beautiful facility with tons of camping, racing and all you could want for a great weekend! I expect many of you have attended similar events at Lime Rock, Watkins Glen and tracks across the USA...I would love to get down to either one of these tracks.
Wyvern
Sounds like a great event.

I may need to find my way there . Some great photos looking at your google suggestion.

Thanks
NS914
QUOTE(Wyvern @ Jun 22 2016, 01:38 PM) *

Sounds like a great event.

I may need to find my way there . Some great photos looking at your google suggestion.

Thanks

Hey Wyvern, that Avatar is very cool! Yup, it was a really great weekend. So much fun to watch our 914's out braking everything in site as they climbed up the back straight and entered Turn 8.

The elevation changes are almost shocking when you see the track for the first time especially Turn 2...all you see is sky and the tops of the trees at a 100 MPH coming down the hill in an off camber turn...crazy but lots of fun to watch! Grant
carr914
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
GaroldShaffer
My 70 ran that race. Well it's not my 70 anymore I sold last year to a great guy in Toronto. I am still in touch with him and he keeps me updated on how the 914 is doing.
He emailed me a few pictures. The best part is he drove it there, raced and then drove home. aktion035.gif

I had that car for over 12yrs, I do miss it, but I am glad it went to the right owner and he enjoys it.
r_towle
Seems he was passed by an older MG.
Is that really the right owner?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 22 2016, 11:07 PM) *

slap.gif

carr914
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jun 22 2016, 10:34 PM) *

My 70 ran that race. Well it's not my 70 anymore I sold last year to a great guy in Toronto. I am still in touch with him and he keeps me updated on how the 914 is doing.
He emailed me a few pictures. The best part is he drove it there, raced and then drove home. aktion035.gif

I had that car for over 12yrs, I do miss it, but I am glad it went to the right owner and he enjoys it.

I didn't remember that you had sold it
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jun 23 2016, 05:25 AM) *

I didn't remember that you had sold it

Yep last August My 70 I still have my 73 so I am not out of the game, it was just time to let it go.
JeffBowlsby
biggrin.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Jun 22 2016, 10:34 PM) *

The best part is he drove it there, raced and then drove home.

2 weeks before the race it still had no roll bar.
Ask me how I know.

Paul,
Congrats on a successful racing debut!
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jun 23 2016, 11:17 AM) *

biggrin.gif

That is a pic of the worlds first F1 safety car...a 914 no less biggrin.gif
Mark Henry
Next time give me a call, I'm about 20 minutes from Mosport.
Wyvern
I really need to take the Pacecar to Canada Click to view attachment

Will be a Werks and the Track this August
NS914
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 23 2016, 01:32 PM) *

I will do that for sure Mark..it seems I missed out on meeting a few members up your way...I am an idiot with pics so will need to spend some time tonight.

Grant
wobbletop
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jun 23 2016, 11:32 AM) *

[offtopic]

Taking the Subaru to Mosport this Sunday.

[/offtopic]
wobbletop
More pictures (not mine). I counted at least 3 914's.

http://www.coburnpix.com/CASC-OR/VARAC-OR/...dian-Historic-G
NS914
QUOTE(wobbletop @ Jun 23 2016, 09:35 PM) *

More pictures (not mine). I counted at least 3 914's.

http://www.coburnpix.com/CASC-OR/VARAC-OR/...dian-Historic-G

Thanks Wobbletop...yes, there were six or seven on track...one left early...the cars were awesome and reliable to the end when a lot of other cars went off with various mechanicals.

I met a photographer at the track, Mark Hayes and of course he had his own 914 1.7 with him. He was out taking shots...here is a link to his site with better images than I could ever hope to take.

http://www.mwilliamhayesphoto.com/

Zimms
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 23 2016, 12:07 AM) *

Aahh, the 914 was clearly lapping the MG. driving.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Zimms @ Jun 24 2016, 07:54 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 23 2016, 12:07 AM) *

Aahh, the 914 was clearly lapping the MG. driving.gif

driving.gif
Fubawu
great event, a few 914-6's in the classic group! I was there in my 73 911
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.