Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: anyone have an accurate 76 vac hose diagram for d
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nickg
I was looking at the pelican one, it is good but not for my 76. I have a hose that is not connected under the airbox bottom, goes to the solenoid on the driver side plenum towards the rear...i did not see this part in the diagram as it has more connections than in the pelican diagram(the show it ending at the manifold and mine goes on)
3d914
Nick,

The hose to the rear of the plenum (driver's side) is the inlet from the Aux. Air Regulator - its combined with the Cold Start Injector (maybe what you called a solenoid). The hose goes from there to the AAR (which sits forward of the plenum). Then the inlet for the AAR goes up to the Air box (above the throttle body).

I know I have a couple of diagrams. If you can get me a FAX number I could get them to you tomorrow.

Enjoy!
Bleyseng
There is also the small hose off the vacumm advance that is just stuffed under the plenum as the port is blocked on the 74 and later TB's.
Never seen any solnoids under the plenum, so maybe thats the AAR valve???

Geoff
Allan
I have a '76 and it has both ports on the TB.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE (Headrage @ Apr 7 2005, 01:04 PM)
I have a '76 and it has both ports on the TB.

Then I'll bet its not a 76 TB. Does it have the big spring on the lever?
nickg
mine has 1 port. this hose comes off theleft rear , just behind the rear intake runner. it attaches to the solenoid(or whatever) next to the manifold(below the airbox bottom) it has a hose coming from the multi vac connecter on the front left
Dave_Darling
I think we may need some pics to be able to figure that out. Could it be an EGR dashpot? Can you point us to a picture in the Haynes manual that shows the part?

--DD
TheCabinetmaker
That is the cold start valve. The big hose goes to vacuum, the small one is a fuel line.
nickg
the hose is like fuel line so that makes sense. I need to look at the fuel schematics closer. I will take some pictures tonight(if it isn't raining )
TheCabinetmaker
The fuel line attaches to the "T" on the drivrers side fuel rail. I have mine blocked off to accomadate a fuel pressure gauge, but ya might want to keep it in your climate.
Allan
If you are talking about this, it is the cold start valve. The hose you see is a fuel line. Under it, out of view is a larger (1/2 inch) fitting that goes to the aux air valve.

nickg
doesn't look like that, it is kinda clyindrical, it has a vac hose going to it then this hose i am wondering about going nowhere. it has a single wire going to it.
TheCabinetmaker
AAR? Only thing I can think of with two hoses and one wire. That should be at the front of the plenum on the drivers side.
Allan
Well then, here is the other side. Anything look familiar?

nickg
it is the auxilary air reg...where does the feed hose go on a 76? i looked up a picture on aa's site
Bleyseng
got to be the AAR valve. See pic I did......

Geoff wink.gif
Bleyseng
one end goes to the cold start valve and the other hose goes to the Air cleaner port.
TheCabinetmaker
Top port goes to air cleaner, bottom port goes to the cold start valve. It plugs into a wire that is included the coil /diz harness.
TheCabinetmaker
Wow, that was kinda like charades for 914's
nickg
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Apr 7 2005, 12:52 PM)
got to be the AAR valve. See pic I did......

Geoff wink.gif

i will take some pictures, mine is very different. i have a good 1/2" hose venting the oil filler to the airbox, and the arrangement of the components is different. the reall funny thing is the car had a slight pop and miss off idel. I tried to adjust/clean the throttle switch and it still did it, so i got a new one, still did it. then I started thinking, it seemed like a lean miss like when a carb's accel pump is bad, so I adjusted the mixture and found that the mixture was cranked all the way clockwise. the car started to run better as I turned it ccw. the more i turned it the more i needed to turn the idle screw out. the po had the idle screw all the way in. now it takes throttle and reves right up like it should...the big thing is all the manuals and such leave out the 75/76 cars...i have an air pump and all that crap...no egr all the stuff i see is 73/74
TheCabinetmaker
Does the part look like this?

nickg
yup. they must have made a lot of changes to the 75/76's in the fuel injection(routings and locations)
TheCabinetmaker
Not really.
Qarl
fflwmn
TheCabinetmaker
confused24.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (vsg914 @ Apr 7 2005, 02:31 PM)
confused24.gif

agree.gif
Bleyseng
What are you talkin about, that was the bestest comment from Qarl I have read in a few days...... alfred.gif
Allan
agree.gif givemebeer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.