Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Horn contacts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RAX914
I haven't had a working horn on my car for some time, so after installing new fog lights, I also installed a new horn. When testing, the horn would sound continuously, when I turned the key to the on position. After removing the steering wheel, I noticed a wire wrapped around the horn contact.

Click to view attachment

When I looked at the cancellation ring I figured out where that piece of metal came from.

Click to view attachment

After removing the piece of metal the horn appeared to work properly when grounding the horn contact with a length of wire, so I ordered a new cancellation ring from Pelican Parts.

So now I'm wondering if I should do something about the worn horn contacts, especially the upper one which has worn through. I haven't received my new cancellation ring to test the horn with the steering wheel on, but was wondering if the horn would work with mainly the lower horn contact or should I start looking for a replacement turn signal switch or is there some easier fix?
sixnotfour
lack of lube = friction
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.