Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: sticking clutch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914fire
When i get in my teener after it hasn,t been driven in months, sad.gif and I push in the pedal the clutch doesnt disengage. I can get rolling throw it in gear drive a ways then pump the pedal hear a pop and it works again . Does anybody know what this is?
Cap'n Krusty
The disc was rusted to the flywheel. Pretty common problem in stored cars. The Cap'n
914fire
thanks cap Im getting ready to pull the ole 914 out of mothballs for the first time in two years. been having brake problems till i found out about Eric Shea . probably going to have a lot more questions in the coming weeks and months.
ChrisFix
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 7 2005, 11:27 AM)
The disc was rusted to the flywheel. Pretty common problem in stored cars. The Cap'n

agree.gif Yup, I have had the same problem after letting the car sit too long. It's a bit like your rotors rusting and the pads sticking to them. Once you get going and the plate cleans up the problem shoudn't persist.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.