Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who has access to a HUGE scanner??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
Yep...
It's time to go to this step and instead of plotting it on the waterjet cutter and taking hours I need it scanned...

I need something that couls scan 16x16"

Anyone care to help???

MattR
I know you love corperate america jake, but have you thought of Kinkos? I dont know if there are any local to you, but it would probably be cheaper and faster to just run to a local kinkos and have them scan them.
kermit
too bad you're not the in SF/Bay Area. We have a scanner at work that can take 36" wide paper, unlimited length...
Jake Raby
I could ship it easily to anyone... Its just card board templates.

No Kinko's here, the only one I called only had a 10" anyway..
TravisNeff
I have access to a scanner that is made to scan large scale plots, 36" wide. I can try to do this early next week if you like.
Bruce Allert
You should have a good sized surveyors office somewhere near you. They deal with large printouts. They just might have one or could tell you the nearest place that does.

Another avenue is a large const. company deals with large prints. I have dupes of my prints done at the local UPS office where they have a scanner for prints.

...b
Allan
Or just a blueprint company. We sent tons of stuff out to get scanned.
Jake Raby
Travis,
Thanks for the help... Can you PM the address of where to ship them???

I have two sets, one for a 914 and one for the 912 version I am finishing now.

THANKS!
ArtechnikA
i bought a $50 HP scanner that looks like a big picture frame, so you can lay it down over large things a section at a time. comes with software that lets you re-assemble the mosaic parts back together into one giant file.

for something like this you'd probably want to incorporate registration marks into the scan, but it shouldn't be horrible...

16x16 would be only four parts on an 8-1/5x11 scanner ...

just a thought - but you'd be ready for the next one.
lots of places have the scanner - Costco.com, Computergeeks.com, Staples ...
neo914-6
QUOTE (kermit @ Apr 7 2005, 11:35 AM)
too bad you're not the in SF/Bay Area. We have a scanner at work that can take 36" wide paper, unlimited length...

Got a color scanner Howard?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.