Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1974 2.0 GA longblock - Good condition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
kahluver
FS - I am selling a GA series 2.0 motor from my 1974 914. The motor is a running motor but was pulled and replaced with a rebuilt engine last year due to some oil leaks and slight smoking on deceleration. The motor runs strong and could be used as is if you need an inexpensive runner.

The motor comes with a single carb setup intake setup. This motor is complete except for exhaust.

The motor is a complete and is located in Lincoln Nebraska. Local pickup preferred.

$500 (new price)

Please PM me if interested

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
TheCabinetmaker
What induction system? Thats generally considered a core engine.

Glwts.
kahluver
Pictures added and price updated. Looking for a quick sale.
kkid
Can you please post a pic of the engine number?
I also want to see exhaust port area especially the studs.

So you are in SoCal but the motor is in Nebraska???
2mAn
QUOTE(kkid @ Jun 28 2016, 10:10 AM) *

Can you please post a pic of the engine number?
I also want to see exhaust port area especially the studs.

So you are in SoCal but the motor is in Nebraska???

I have no affiliation with the seller, but I believe this was the extra motor he got with his purchased 914. The car (and extra motor) are in Nebraska, but the seller is from SoCal. I dont think he wants to bring it back to SoCal with him when he gets his car
kahluver
Sorry for the delay, I'm not checking this site that often and missed some of the postings. I'm new to this site so I'm still figuring it out but a long time contributor to PelicanParts site and have sold many old Porsche parts there.

Thanks Simon and yes, the motor is in Nebraska and I'm in California.

I got it when I bought this 914 off of BAT. See the posting for some history on the motor and why it was pulled from the car. As you can see, it's from a really nice and well taken care of 914.

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-porsche-914-2-0l-2/

I was able to speak with a prior owner of the car who had the car in the early / mid '80s and he confirmed that he's the one that installed this motor into my 914 back in the early '80s. It was a fully stock rebuilt GA 2.0 motor and based upon his recollection and the current mileage on the car, I estimate that the motor has 50K-70K miles on it.

PM me if you have any specific questions.

UPDATED PRICE! Looking for a quick sale.
kahluver
Here's the engine number

GA012215
flmont
can it be shipped ???
kahluver
Yes it can be shipped but you'll need to arrange the transport. Unfortunately it's bigger than something that can be dropped off at USPS and mailed. PM me if you're interested and I can give the details for your quote.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.