Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Track Time at Willow!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott Carlberg
I'm on their mailing list, just passing along the info:
(oops, I just read it again, this is on the Big track, and the WCC is using Streets, huh?)

The track event is only a week away and we are definitely running (rain or shine). We are way short in all run groups, if you are going please send in your registration ASAP if you can't make it please spread the word! Thanks!
American Car Racing

OK Racer Buddies...

Our next event is scheduled for April 13, 2005 on the big track at Willow Springs. This event will be run in the same fashion as all previous events. We will have three run groups, beginner, intermediate and advanced. Each run group will get (5) 30 minute run sessions totaling 2 1/2 hours of track time. For all newbies or people who want to attend, we will have classroom instruction followed by on-track instruction. As always, all paid participants will get an all you can eat BBQ lunch and an American Car Racing shirt.
The price for this event is $145.00. Please remember that all ACRA events are open to all that want to attend, so please tell a friend! Remember more information can be found on our web site
www.americancarracing.com .

Thanks, and See You at the Track!
Howard
Wait, they're charging $145 for a one day track, and we're charging $150 for 3 days including track, lots of meals, goodie bags and raffle prizes?

I sold out too cheap! Story of my life wacko.gif
Jenny
QUOTE (Howard @ Apr 7 2005, 01:29 PM)
I sold out too cheap! Story of my life wacko.gif

Here you go Howard!!

wink.gif Jen
Scott Carlberg
Out of curiosity.....
How much Track Time will the WCC entrants be getting, Howard?
drew365
QUOTE (Scott Carlberg @ Apr 7 2005, 02:26 PM)
Out of curiosity.....
How much Track Time will the WCC entrants be getting, Howard?

Depends on how much BS gets spread around during the morning drivers meeting. Taking that into consideration, probably not much.
If we stay on schedule without a lot of breakdowns which need to be towed in, we should all get 5 or 6 20 minute run groups each. If the crowd thins out in the afternoon, the ones that stay may get more. This is all highly dependent on the planets and stars being aligned.
Trekkor
Which direction will we be running?
CW or CCW?

KT
drew365
Clockwise. The plan is to have the two novice groups to each spend half the morning on the skid pad while the other three groups rotate. I will need some instructors to give up some track time to help with the skid pad. Trekkor?
Howard
QUOTE (Jenny @ Apr 7 2005, 01:43 PM)
QUOTE (Howard @ Apr 7 2005, 01:29 PM)
I sold out too cheap!  Story of my life  :wacko:

Here you go Howard!!

wink.gif Jen

So are you coming or what?
Jenny
I think I'll be on my own. Brian and I have stuff planned every weekend in April with exception for WCC wknd. He'll proally stay home and watch baseball with the dogs, and I'll come down to play. I MAY have to borrow the Subie if my 4Runner isn't done yet. Unless there's someone driving down Friday afternoon and back sunday that I can ride with. wacko.gif

Jen
Trekkor
driving down Friday afternoon and back sunday

Jenny, the track day is on Monday. wink.gif

KT
phantom914
QUOTE (drew365 @ Apr 7 2005, 03:32 PM)
..................................... we should all get 5 or 6 20 minute run groups each...................

sad2.gif

Andrew (won't be at WCC)
Jenny
QUOTE (trekkor @ Apr 8 2005, 08:27 AM)
Jenny, the track day is on Monday. wink.gif

KT

Ya, I know. Track day isn't much fun without a 914. I really just want to hang out with the 914 peeps and maybe bum a ride or two.

Jen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.