Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pacman
Hey guys problem here, i went to change out my speedometer drive and it is frozen into the aluminumn shaft inside the trans. I have tried everything I can to free it up with no luck. Any ideas?
Jeffs9146
PB Blaster over night then use a large pair of channel lock pliers to gently turn it back and forth. Make sure you have removed the bolt that is holding it in!!
bdstone914
QUOTE(pacman @ Jun 23 2016, 08:14 PM) *

Hey guys problem here, i went to change out my speedometer drive and it is frozen into the aluminumn shaft inside the trans. I have tried everything I can to free it up with no luck. Any ideas?

I can sell you one of 914Rubbers new improved ones with two o-rings for $60 or a used one for $15 shipped.
Would have been easier to break that nut loos while it was still in the trans where it is held in place by the bolt.
pacman
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jun 23 2016, 09:54 PM) *

QUOTE(pacman @ Jun 23 2016, 08:14 PM) *

I can sell you one of 914Rubbers new improved ones with two o-rings for $60 or a used one for $15 shipped.
Would have been easier to break that nut loos while it was still in the trans where it is held in place by the bolt.

I appreciate the offer! Might end up taking you up on that if i cannot get it unfrozen. I tried it in the tranny but because of a stupid mistake cracked a little bit of the case around the thread so cant do that because of risk /:
pacman
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Jun 23 2016, 09:44 PM) *

PB Blaster over night then use a large pair of channel lock pliers to gently turn it back and forth. Make sure you have removed the bolt that is holding it in!!

Is there another bolt besides the one that runs through the trans?? Thanks

-Parker
r_towle
Get a gallon of carb cleaner and dunk it for about ten minutes.
Jeffs9146
Look at the photos in this link to see the bolt that I am talking about.

Speedo Angle Drive
pacman
Thanks guys! Ended up getting it free with a shop and a little heat. Hope to throw it back together soon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.