Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: nice Interior Light
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BillC
Looking for a nice-condition stock interior light for my '73 1.7 (the one that fits into the center of the rear cabin panel). My old one had a crack in it when I bought the car, and it finally broke when I was reinstalling it a couple of days ago.

My old one has a chromed edge/perimeter. Is that correct for my car? I have seen pics of some that had black edges, but I think that might be for early (earlier?) cars or maybe for non-914s.

Thanks!
TheCabinetmaker
I have this one Bill. $20.00 shipped. Click to view attachment
Tom_T
QUOTE(BillC @ Jun 24 2016, 12:17 PM) *

Looking for a nice-condition stock interior light for my '73 1.7 (the one that fits into the center of the rear cabin panel). My old one had a crack in it when I bought the car, and it finally broke when I was reinstalling it a couple of days ago.

My old one has a chromed edge/perimeter. Is that correct for my car? I have seen pics of some that had black edges, but I think that might be for early (earlier?) cars or maybe for non-914s.

Thanks!

Bill,

Yours was the correct OE on with the white button & silver edge. It would've been from Hella in West Germany on the lens.

The later OE superceded ones are all clear with a black button, like the one Curt shows. They're also still available new.

I have found in Germany an aftermarket repro with a white button but all clear (one will have to paint in the silver/chrome rim to the underside to replicate that on the old OEs). I'll report in the Garage when I get it here, if it's close or not.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
TheCabinetmaker
I have one on my car Tom. It's identical except the silver band. There are some new versions that have the three way switch, but are not wired for one of them.
tweet
check this out to see differences in the lights as they progressed through the years

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...=2&t=249263
BillC
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jun 24 2016, 03:24 PM) *

I have this one Bill. $20.00 shipped.

Thanks, Curt, but I was hoping for one a little nicer. I have one of the cheapo Empi lights that I can put in there until I can find a nice, correct light.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.