Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cool trip pics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwalters
biggrin.gif Hi guys. I was just on a short trip up to Alabama and on my way back saw a cool car.

I was on the roughest damn road in Alabama at the time, so sorry if they turn out fuzzy.

I thought this was really cool, cause I was out in the middle of B.F.E. at the time.
jwalters
biggrin.gif
jwalters
biggrin.gif
jwalters
biggrin.gif
jwalters
biggrin.gif Here is Black Sabbath in his current state of the union--
jwalters
biggrin.gif That is all for now--
jgiroux67
Is that just black primer? That looks awesome!
914fire
Black Sabbath is looking good! clap.gif
jwalters
Thanks guys! It is dupli-color acrylic flat black paint--29 cans worth--

I did this for one reason really---the look notwithstanding--but my painter told me that it is an excellent base for him to start with--that is a couple of years down the road when I can afford to have it done right---

But I like it too--got a little wet sanding with 1500 to do yet, but it is coming along--

Cool thing is--when I originally painted it, it had the traditional blotches associated with bean can--but after three weeks of cure--they all vanished!! I just did the hood two days ago--so it has awhile of curing left on it--it was an unexpected surprise!
Jenny
QUOTE (jwalters @ Apr 7 2005, 01:43 PM)
I thought this was really cool

Aparently so did he!! w00t.gif

Pretty cool, considering 9 out of 10 times when I compliment someone on their car while driving all I get is a nod.

Jen
Joe Bob
Primer is nice....you can clean it with water, Comet cleanser and an old rag....still looks nice....
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE ("Z" @ Apr 7 2005, 02:16 PM)
Primer is nice....you can clean it with water, Comet cleanser and an old rag....still looks nice....

But primer is NOT waterproof, mostly, and it'll rust right through. The Cap'n
scotty b
cool.gif I bet he would like Sabbath too, seems to be into the "redneck rear" look! High and dry baby,ass gas or grass nobody rides for free, WOOOOHHOOOOOOOOO beerchug.gif

You given any thought into some old school pinstriping on Sabbath? That would be tight! Big pinstriped skull on the hood, maybe a couple of scrolls coming from the turn signal towards the windshield.
914fire
Nah a real red-neck look is a chrome cow catcher on the front and fake bulls balls hanging under the back bumper givemebeer.gif ...........
KaptKaos
You think the 356 was a real carrera?

Black sabath looks nice. I want a satin finish on my lightweight (when I finally find a car dammit).
Elliot_Cannon
The hell with the car. How about more and bigger pics of the avatar?
Cheers, Elliot
Joe Bob
Been posted before Elliot.....

BTW...not a Carrera....looks like a crappy 64-65 "C" model. No 356 Carrera would have that cheesy sticker on the side... blink.gif
scotty b
QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Apr 7 2005, 03:55 PM)
You think the 356 was a real carrera?

Black sabath looks nice. I want a satin finish on my lightweight (when I finally find a car dammit).

NOPE just a C model with some BAD body werk. Check the drivers door on the panel and all of the edges barf.gif
914fire
Hey can you tell me where you got that fishing guide. Those are some BIG fish. mueba.gif
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE ("Z" @ Apr 7 2005, 05:07 PM)
Been posted before Elliot.....

BTW...not a Carrera....looks like a crappy 64-65 "C" model. No 356 Carrera would have that cheesy sticker on the side... blink.gif

How did I miss that one?

Youre right. A Carrera wannabe.
Elliot
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Apr 7 2005, 04:49 PM)
But primer is NOT waterproof, mostly, and it'll rust right through. The Cap'n

I must agree. Its been my experience that primer actually draws moisture if not painted in a timely manner, and will accelerate rust.
jd74914
Dude, if you like 356's and other cool antique stuff (they even has a 914 last year) you have got to go to the car show in Mt. Dora drooley.gif (FL, of course) last year they had one in April and it was really sweet. The show taks up the whole town and there is a huge selection of early 911s and 356s (with concours restorations of course).

Sweet 356, thought I agree that the badge is kinda tasteless. dry.gif

Your teener looks good, smilie_pokal.gif but you gotta get it painted because as others said primer doesn't protect cars very well.
CptTripps
I had a friend in high-school that had a flat-black 60s Camaro. Had sweet red and white pin-stripes. It wasn't primer, but the flat-black was really cool...
Steve Thacker
To hell with primer...I need a new fish'in partner like that. laugh.gif
mack914
F----the fishing!!!
Verruckt
QUOTE (914fire @ Apr 7 2005, 06:12 PM)
Hey can you tell me where you got that fishing guide. Those are some BIG fish. mueba.gif

What are you talking about??? I have stared at this picture for two hours now and STILL don't see any fish! Am I missing something??? wacko.gif

user posted image
URY914
The one on the right is bigger. 205 on the left vs 225 on the right.
TC/914
"The one on the right is bigger. 205 on the left vs 225 on the right. "

Great response! I've always felt that "Tits are like Tires" . . . both require two or three different measurements in order to determine the true size.
ken914
I once went out with a girl that had one "C" and one "B". I liked the "C" better...

OR, was that car a 356SC ????

maf914
Two lobsters. This one happened to arrive this week via the e-mail joke circuit. laugh.gif

With the following caption:

This is much more fun that that old picture where you tried to find the man's face in a bunch of coffee beans. Ever so often a clever picture comes along that camouflages something for us to find. This is one such picture. Hidden within this picture, I am told, are two lobsters. Go ahead and try to find them. If you find the lobsters within 30 minutes, the left side of your brain is normal. Adam looked for 45 minutes and didn't see them. I guess his brain is abnormal.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.