Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Bosch LH2.2 or LH2.4 installs on a 914/4 or Type IV?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
Curious if anyone has installed an LH-Jetronic system on a Type IV?

I have one of each I think, not sure how complete, but enough to get started.

I like the simplicity of the L-Jet I have sitting in a box for my 1.7, but if someone had a successful install of the newer system I'm open for upgrading.

The system I have is mapped for a 2.3liter Volvo motor.

Thanks
Chris914n6
Not installed but I do have a 2.0T LH setup for... ummm... what was I going to do with it? biggrin.gif
Even have the Bosch booklet on how it works, which is essentially like any modern system pre- coil on plug.

Maps will be off because of intake, head and exhaust flow but should be within reason. Injector flow and/or fuel pressure will be the tricky part. Will probably have to invest in a wideband o2 with data logging.

I'd start with installing all the Volvo stuff and hope it's happy with significantly less airflow per RPM.

Temp sender will likely have to go on the block. Luckily Bosch stuff is very standardized.
MartyYeoman
I've heard its been done before without too much trouble. I've even contemplated researching it as an upgrade myself.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.