Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mayan green. Is it a true 914 color?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
22truckie
So this is my first posting of a new topic. Just joined and just purchased an all original, including paint, unrestored1975 914. Every piece of documentation ( including window sticker ) is included with extensive documentation from the then local Porsche dealership. It is in outstanding, completely rust free condition. With only the carpets being replace ( I have purchased NOS pieces that will be installed.) My question is this, the color is Mayan Green, it is written that way on the paperwork. I was told this was actually a 911 color that was special ordered to be on the 914 ( the car comes with a factory touch up bottle of paint in the box that says Mayan Green. I had one member state in another post that he did not think this was a true 914 color?? I know it is not a "sample color". So any ideas? How rare is the color ?? If someone can tell me how to upload pictures I will post some. Thanks all!
The "newbie"
Gustl
welcome.png ... from far, far away biggrin.gif

Mayan green is not a standard 914 color and it's not a special color from the list.
But there were two additional color codes, 98 for any other color out of the VW and Porsche color program and 99 for "paint from sample"

Gustl
just googled around a little and found this one:

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
Looks yellow to me?
idea.gif
914Next
More pics please! Sounds like a very interesting car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.