Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: If you bought a fiberglass rear deck lid
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike T
What would you expect to get?

A rear trunk lid?
or
An engine cover?

Maybe it's a regional thing but I've always called the rear trunk lid on a 914 a rear deck lid and the front trunk a front deck lid.

Incorrect?

Mike T
skline
Nope, you are right, the trunk lid is the rear deck lid, if you wanted an engine lid you would say engine lid. That is my way of thinking. Why? Did you order a rear decklid and get an engine lid?
GWN7
Unless you ordered from the UK The front would be a "bonnet" and the rear would be a "boot"...

A rear deck lid would be for the trunk. A engine lid would be called that...or engine cover.

Porsche called them "lid" and "luggage boot cover rear"
SLITS
I call them "rusty"
Allan
Please check the litre's of fluid under my bonnet.
Mike T
No, not yet. But when I asked him about weight and pricing I got back this message.

Both our deck and hoods are very light  BUT I have never really put them on a scale so I do not know.
The price of the deck lid is $200.00  We sell them to mainly road race guys who always want the lightest stuff, so I guess we pass the test.
let me know because  "" NOW "" is the time to order
regards Steve @AIRCOOLEDracing

The phrase "deck and hoods" made me wonder what he thought I wanted. Probably just a miscommunication.

Seems like a good price for a race rear trunk lid though.

Mike T

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.