Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: setting it straight
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
lately, there has been some confusion about myself, I thought that when i joined that i informed everyone that i was only 14 but i guess not. Well, i just wanted to let people know to keep from having any further problems. smile.gif
Allan
I really thought you looked 18. Didn't she "Z"?
scotty b
dry.gif 14, married with a laundry list of nice rides and a "vacation" house?? I'm going to kill myself, theres no piont any more. I'm 31, single,have a yard full of rusty projects and a garage full of tools, and don't have shart else. Goodbye cruel world.............
grasshopper
QUOTE (Headrage @ Apr 7 2005, 04:31 PM)
Didn't she "Z"?

what?
grasshopper
QUOTE (scotty b @ Apr 7 2005, 04:32 PM)
dry.gif 14, married with a laundry list of nice rides and a "vacation" house?? I'm going to kill myself, theres no piont any more. I'm 31, single,have a yard full of rusty projects and a garage full of tools, and don't have shart else. Goodbye cruel world.............

lol...my dad made my signiture.... wink.gif I'll change that to mom biggrin.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Your fourteen and have a wife? ohmy.gif You gots some splaining to do!!!!!
Allan
Look 18!
grasshopper
QUOTE (Headrage @ Apr 7 2005, 04:35 PM)
Look 18!

where did you see a pic of me?
TheCabinetmaker
Well I'll be damned! now its moms car? Just how full of shit are you?????
jgiroux67
So do you actually own a 914 or is it your dads car?
grasshopper
QUOTE (vsg914 @ Apr 7 2005, 04:36 PM)

well whos car do you want it to be???lol
Allan
Look. If you screw up on anything, we will bag on you. If you LIE and expect us not to rag on you, you are mistaken.

Good luck
grasshopper
QUOTE (jgiroux67 @ Apr 7 2005, 04:36 PM)

its my dads but i do most of the work. Except the engine drop...
MecGen
Uhum
I'm not biting
bootyshake.gif
Cheers
Joe

beerchug.gif
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Apr 7 2005, 06:38 PM)
QUOTE (vsg914 @ Apr 7 2005, 04:36 PM)

well whos car do you want it to be???lol

I really don't care who's car it is if there really is one.
black73
Is that 14 as in 14 different personalities? huh.gif ohmy.gif wink.gif cool.gif mad.gif sad.gif beer.gif cool_shades.gif headbang.gif aktion035.gif happy11.gif mueba.gif screwy.gif confused24.gif
scotty b
dry.gif Click on the link to "my web page" and everything is "MY" and "I". I told you guys nothing good EVER came out of West Virginia. We kicked them out of Virginia cause of crap like this. Damn no tooth havin, marryin all the family members, breathin up the honest mans air. I hate em, they stink biggrin.gif
jd74914
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Apr 7 2005, 04:38 PM)
QUOTE (jgiroux67 @ Apr 7 2005, 04:36 PM)

its my dads but i do most of the work. Except the engine drop...

Damn man, get your own car, I bought a 914 myself at 14 (and now I'm almost 17). Then do ALL the work on YOUR OWN car. Much more satisfying that way. I've worked on 911s, lots of Fords, and the 914 is my favorite because I own it all. smile.gif

Also, I wouldn't don't give out any bs advice (or become like a certain member whose name starts with bd. . . . and have 1,000 posts in like 2 months), you will get called on it biggrin.gif

Anyways, rant off. and get your own car, its much more satifying grasshoper san (in my most Mr. Miagi voice)

Edit: notice that my dad and I post under the same avatar (though I do much more), but his car is clearly noted. biggrin.gif
scotty914
well i will defend grass hopper, i have meet him and his dad. he does post like he is 40, but he is 14. i do think the way he posts is very missleading, i though he was 40 or so until i called him ( dad ) and he said hold on and handed the phone to his son

yup the kid handles the car stuff dad just handles the money... dont we wish we were all that lucky laugh.gif
Bleyseng
I too need to come clean.....I am only four years old. I enjoy surfing the net and posting on the 914club site as I can only wait until I can drive.

Geoff flipa.gif
scotty914
To furthur defend Grasshopper, yes, he does have a 914....at least the engine...I should know I sold him my old engine and he came and picked it up (both him and his dad)

He and his father post on the same name.
I don't think his dad is computer savvy... I can't talk because I'm forever posting on Teri's screen name here (scotts_toolwench) because she never sign's out and then I post on her name. Then afterwards I have to delete it and post it again in my name. Teri always looks at me and goes "look how knowledgeable I am about 914's" (yeah right... smile.gif )
rhodyguy
you think all the members own a 914? a strong interest is more than enough for me. you should be able to build a 6, and flare car by the time your're 17.

k
Steve Thacker
Well.....hummm. I got started restoring cars as a tool bunny for the local ole timer at 14. We all come into this car thing at some age right? Let the kid be, he and his dad have the right idea. My first car was a 47' Ford coupe (worked summers to pay it off). I started working on it at 15 and by the time I had finished it I was 17 and i might add much wiser.

So give the lil' feller a break and encourage him. We need to make sure that the younger generation continues on with these cars, when they put us in the dirt bed. I'm just waiting on my grandson to get to the point to fetch papaw a wrench, then it will start all over again........ wink.gif
ChrisFoley
I met Grasshopper and his Dad a week ago.
Until we spoke on the phone I didn't realize he was 14, and at dinner I encouraged him to expose his guilty secret. biggrin.gif
He's a real good person (and his dad too) despite the seeming dual personality here on the forum. I say he deserves the same (lack of happy11.gif ) respect we give to any other member.
Dad only bought their 914 because of Grasshopper's interest, and they are learning about the joys of ownership together. aktion035.gif
Way to go Barry!
Hammy
I'm 15 unsure.gif

But same for me and my dad. The 914 is mine but it's a good project for my dad and I and it keeps us busy and excited each day. That's what it's all about. smile.gif
grasshopper
look, i did LIE about my age. sad.gif but i did it because i thought that if you guys knew my age that no one would take me seriously. unsure.gif Everything i have said is true about my dad but not me. And if you dont believe me, my dad and I will be at WCC.... Right now i am thinking about leaving the club cause i have pissed off so many people...i dont know....later guys
mack914
Please come back-don"t go!!!! We're hoping Michael J posts soon.
TheCabinetmaker
There is nothing wrong with being 14. My oldest granson is 14. There are lots of kids who can't drive on this forum.

I built my first go cart from wood and my dad's lawnmower engine at 12. Damn was he mad when he got home! Then he helped me get it running right before he reposessed the engine and made me mow the lawn.

There is something wrong with lying. You'll find all the help here that you need. Just be straight up with us. wavey.gif
scotty b
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Apr 8 2005, 03:45 AM)
look, i did LIE about my age. sad.gif but i did it because i thought that if you guys knew my age that no one would take me seriously. unsure.gif Everything i have said is true about my dad but not me. And if you dont believe me, my dad and I will be at WCC.... Right now i am thinking about leaving the club cause i have pissed off so many people...i dont know....later guys

You havn't pissed anyone off. We're just a-holes giving you a hard time,it's all in jest! Liar Liar pants on fire!
You can take about 10% of what is said here seriously biggrin.gif Sit down, have a cup of coffee and join in.
sjhowitson
Grasshopper just hang in with this group. MOST of the people on this list are great people and we welcome your input. With the condition of most of the youth of America a little 914 group grooming will be good for all of us.

Stay with us and enjoy the BS......

I'll jump off my soap box now. blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

Help I've fallen and I can't get up..Someone call lifealert
tdgray
QUOTE (scotty b @ Apr 8 2005, 05:00 AM)
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Apr 8 2005, 03:45 AM)
look, i did LIE about my age. sad.gif  but i did it because i thought that if you guys knew my age that no one would take me seriously. unsure.gif Everything i have said is true about my dad but not me. And if you dont believe me, my dad and I will be at WCC.... Right  now i am thinking about leaving the club cause i have pissed off so many people...i dont know....later guys

You havn't pissed anyone off. We're just a-holes giving you a hard time,it's all in jest! Liar Liar pants on fire!
You can take about 10% of what is said here seriously biggrin.gif Sit down, have a cup of coffee and join in.

Coffee will stunt his growth biggrin.gif

Go drink your ovaltine lol2.gif
Eric_Shea
I'm 16... blink.gif
rick 918-S
If you guys think that owning a 914 that only holds down the jack stands in your garage counts and "being a 914 guy" you need to check yourself. cool_shades.gif

The young guys will school you dudes! Think about where the young guys are when your riding your couch watching the game and letting beer farts to impress your better half. They're out in the garage wrenchin on a car they dream about driving, and will!

Welcome Grasshopper! aktion035.gif and rev it up lil bro! driving.gif
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (scotty b @ Apr 8 2005, 06:00 AM)
biggrin.gif Sit down, have a cup of coffee and join in.

Hell wit da coffee..... have a Fat Tiar beer.gif

I agree wit da above. Ya din't piss anyone off. Gather yerself up & continue on. I wished I had at 14 what yer doin' Barry. Shit, I can't even remember what I was into at 14 sad.gif Maybe model cars... all I could afford! Ahhhh and slot cars. Ya, now it's all comin' back to me. That super fast 85A motor in a clear body shell.. fastassoumbitchy!!! burnout.gif

....b
Eric_Shea
I was building bugs when I was 14. That's what led me here. After about 1/2 dozen of those rust traps I moved to these rust traps biggrin.gif
Lou W
I bought my first car when I was 14, wish I still had it today, it was a 1958 Corvette, paid $100.00 for it, my dad and I spent 2 1/2 years working on it. I've sinced moved onto to finner automobiles. biggrin.gif

Come on back Grasshopper, I'm sure you'll have lots to contribute. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.