Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT - speaking of computers...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Engman
Well, you all heard about my sons fire - good news is that my insurance HAS covered him!

Now he needs a new computer - desktop, PC, 3.0G processor or better, ----- anyone know of any good deals?

M
JB 914
http://search.ebay.com/dell-precision_W0QQ...QfsopZ3QQsojsZ1

I've bought about 10-15 Dell Precision workstations off ebay over the last few years. If you shop you can find the ones that are still NIB and under 3 year warranty and at least 25% off list or more. I've had good luck with them.
Verruckt
I have a Compaq d530 that I was going to put up on ebay tonight...

Its got 512mb of ram, a 52x burner and is really clean. I think its a p4 2.6 or 2.8. Let me know if youre interested.
Rand
It's always worth checking out Dell's refurbished stuff. Like new with full warranty...

Dell Factory Outlet
markb
When the stepson's room was burglarized, Dell said they'd replace it (within a reasonable amount of time from the date of purchase). Unfortunately, he had a Gateway. sad.gif He has a Dell now. biggrin.gif
Unclerichy
Dell is the word. I'm writing this on one at home. I also work in an IT department for a living and that's all we use. Very little trouble. Good price.
Pnambic
Might check out TigerDirect. I've bought from them in the past and they've done well by me. A lot of refurbished 3ghz systems as cheap as $579 here.

That $309 Dell Dimension 3000 at the Refurbished Dell site sounds like a pretty darn nice deal.
skline
Since Dell with offshore with thier support I have been a little discouraged but Its pretty much all I use. The one I use in my garage for work and the email and the club is a Dell Precision workstation with dual Xeon processors. Never had a problem since I got it.
Jenny
this place has been good to me...edealinfo

Got two laptops and one desk top thru this site. There's always specials on there. It updates daily ('cept on weekends) so check back often.

Jen
jgiroux67
Get a MAC!

PC's are POS's
Jenny
Boo!!! Hiss!! Yack.gif

Jen wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.