Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Parade 2016
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
2,708 miles later and I'm back home from Vermont.

I had never been to Vermont so I decided this would be a good time to make the trip.

It was a great time and had a chance to see a lot of nice cars. Only one day of rain and the rest of the days were beautiful.

Only a few 914's were in attendance so that was a little disappointing. I'll upload pictures this evening and post some later.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
flyer86d
I hope you liked my adopted home state. You got a good stretch of weather. You can probably see why we like summers here. It makes up for the 6 months of winter.

Charlie
914Next
Sounds like a great trip, Bill. I had brief thoughts of trying to make it but just wasn't to be. I did see that it looks like only 3-5 914's in the concours. Any members here?
billh1963
Pure "unobtainium".....I would give up all my Porsche's for a chance to buy one...

911R

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Jake Raby
I had fun too...
Fixing cars in the parking deck was awesome!
billh1963
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Jun 27 2016, 08:53 AM) *

I had fun too...
Fixing cars in the parking deck was awesome!

I didn't know you were recruited to joining the "Porsche Recovery Team" biggrin.gif
puffinator
Took my backdated viper green RSR and entered concours.

Click to view attachment
stownsen914
I haven't been to many Parades but did make it to this one. Honestly I had hoped for some more old racecars on display, but it was a decent selection to drool over.

puffinator - the viper green RSR is a nice looking car!

flyer86d (Charlie) - I half expected to see you there. I guess you weren't?

Scott
bcheney
Bill good to see you had a great time. I bet riding in the Boxster with modern A/C was fantastic aktion035.gif I agree about the 911R its a fine piece agree.gif
flyer86d
Scott,

I only went Monday morning for the concours. You know that is my favorite event LOL. I figured that was where I could see most of my old friends that I haven't seen in 20 years. I did not sign up for the parade. Closest one in 30 years so go figure. I talked to the Thovsens, Stu French, John Paterak, Sue Smith, John Boles, Pete Tremper (whose brother Ted lives 2 miles down the road from me), and of course, all of the GMT friends.

Sorry I missed you. How are you parents doing? I heard that they sold the old warhorse 911S but do they still have the GT3? Did you bring you track car?

Charlie
billh1963
QUOTE(stownsen914 @ Jun 27 2016, 05:03 PM) *

I haven't been to many Parades but did make it to this one. Honestly I had hoped for some more old racecars on display, but it was a decent selection to drool over.

puffinator - the viper green RSR is a nice looking car!

flyer86d (Charlie) - I half expected to see you there. I guess you weren't?

Scott

I think the location had a lot to do with it.

At the Savannah Parade in 2011 they had 917's, Brumos cars, etc.
rgalla9146
Hey Bill
I wish I had known you were there ....and the others too.
I'm disappointed that I wasn't able to meet more 914 World regulars.
Many days before I started a thread and suggested a role call.
Crickets...
No problem. It was a great time.
Great pictures. Many cars to lust for. Light on 914s though.
I was driving a Blue 2004 VW R32..NJ plates.
Rory
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.