Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB - console bracket nut
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
iankarr
Hi Guys,

When reinstalling my center console bracket to the dash bottom, I apparently pushed the rubber grommet which contains the securing nut up into the dash (and into oblivion). Does anyone have one I can buy? Or know where to purchase?

Thanks!
bdstone914
QUOTE(cuddyk @ Jun 26 2016, 03:50 PM) *

Hi Guys,

When reinstalling my center console bracket to the dash bottom, I apparently pushed the rubber grommet which contains the securing nut up into the dash (and into oblivion). Does anyone have one I can buy? Or know where to purchase?

Thanks!

Maybe you mean the cage nut that is a square nut in a metal cage that clips into the dash frame? If so it should be there.
iankarr
Thanks for the response. It's not a cage nut that holds the console bracket in. At least on my car it's not. What I have looks like a short rubber grommet with a nut built-in on the end. It gets pushed up into the hole in the dash, and as the screw tightens into the nut, it compresses the rubber part in front of it, anchoring it in a somewhat flexible way to the dash. There are two, but I lost one!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(cuddyk @ Jun 26 2016, 11:21 PM) *

Thanks for the response. It's not a cage nut that holds the console bracket in. At least on my car it's not. What I have looks like a short rubber grommet with a nut built-in on the end. It gets pushed up into the hole in the dash, and as the screw tightens into the nut, it compresses the rubber part in front of it, anchoring it in a somewhat flexible way to the dash. There are two, but I lost one!

I can check the parts cars this evening when I get home and get back to you. It had a console in it. I will let you know either way if I have it.

PM me your address and if I have one I will drop it in the mail to you.
914Sixer
Top console bracket goes in to two white square plugs in the firewall. Nothing goes into dash pad.
iankarr
Thanks, Garold...will PM you my info.

Mark...the rubber nut/anchors on my car go into the metal under the dash...not the dash pad. No white square plugs on my '73. Both of the original rubber nut/anchors were there, but I pushed one up and in.

Thanks guys!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.