Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oh crap, electric fire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty914
well the good news is the car is insured and taged, drove it about 2 miles today with no problem

bad news is went to take her for a spin tonight to check the temps on the rad, and the little bit of smoke that came out from something with the headlights the other day. turned in to a glow from under the dash and every wire from the head light switch and dash board are toasted. i might be able to save 5 wires, the wires going to the headlight switch are burnt for 1.5 inches, there is nothing but copper and soot left. the wires going to the gauges are also melted.

i dont know how far the carnage goes in to the main harness, but i can tell the some wires going in to the harness are melted, so i would assume that they at least melted in to a few more wires

i will post carnage pics at a later date so dont post the pic smily because i am not in a very good mood, i might send you a ticking package
ejm
tow it out there...we'll fix it in the parking lot smile.gif
scotty b
Damn headbang.gif Damn headbang.gif Damn headbang.gif Damn headbang.gif Did you check the alternator output before the fire? Just a thought. If'n you get it fixed you might want to take it on a short road trip to test it out,like maybe to Richmond..........
scotty914
well scott why dont you come up here and help me fix it, i will even feed ya bread and water

and pm your address i need to send you a package fighting19.gif
Chris H.
Check the "Cleveland Sawzall Party" thread. Maybe you can get that harness. Patching what you have would be a PITA!!!!

scotty b
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Apr 7 2005, 06:11 PM)
well scott why dont you come up here and help me fix it, i will even feed ya bread and water

and pm your address i need to send you a package fighting19.gif

dry.gif I was trying to be sympathetic and helpful. We Scott's gots ta stick together but if you wanna blow me up I guess it's my time sad.gif
scotty914
well i have the ability to get a complete harness, it just pulling 2 out and installing one then hooking everything up, and getting the car fully ready to drive to the wcc in a week

and scott i am i little snippy right now, its not your time to go but i wioll tell ya when it is beerchug.gif
scotty b
And for that I MIGHT tell you where the secret 914 chalice is hidden, so that it may be passed on to my heir. I do ask that you smash my ring upon my destruction, lock yourself and the other Scott's in a 914 while you vote on my replacement, and upon a decision you will fire up the 914 with an exhaust vent through the roof to notify the rest of the community that a decision has been reached. My mortal remains may be put on display only after embalming (Cabo Wabo) 2 bottles to pickle)
CptTripps
If the harness is decent on my junkster, it's all yours...just tell me how far back to cut it...
JoeSharp
Scott: I can help with the burden of the loom at this end of the journey, but at that end I'm of no use.
biggrin.gif Joe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.