Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Horn wire in steering wheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dutchdriver
Hi all,

Quick question; I have an original 914 steering wheel.
I am trying to make the horn work.
The horn wire is coming out of the steering wheel (see image), when I ground it, horn works. All good.

I can't however find the place where to connect that wire to. When I remove the steering wheel pad, there is no 'ready made' place to put it.

Am I overseeing something, did something broke or am I missing a part?

See pics for currect situation.

Thanks for helping (again blink.gif biggrin.gif )

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
76-914
There is a male spade fitting on the horn ring that the wire connects with via a female spade. Looks like your male spade is MIA.
Dutchdriver
Ah...

Like this one?

Click to view attachment
mepstein
You have a horn pad from an early wheel. If you pm me your address I will send you the metal plate you need. $n/c.

Edit- I see your oversees. If it cost me more than $10 to ship, I'll ask you for a couple bucks. Fair?
theleschyouknow
I don't know what all the parts are called but I think that is the part with the female connection
the male connection part should be on the silver colored metal ring with three? cut-outs along the perimeter- one of those cut-outs should have a tab that connection on the end of that wire fits on
I don't remember what year car you have but I think there is a difference in that silver ring between early and late cars

take all that with a grain of salt, I could be wrong and I'm sure chime others will chime in if so

beerchug.gif
cjl
Dutchdriver
@ Mepstein: PM send

@theleschyouknow: I have a '73 2.0
Dave_Darling
...Nevermind. I was fooled by a shadow on one of the photos...

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.